Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old School DAOC

Go down 
+8
Cain
Vorex
Darkrise
Creep
kyarr
lazuras
Engelica
Arseneck
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Torm

Old School DAOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:26 pm

The main website has been broken for a bit, If you click on the main link it will give you another place to DL it. Another option is just have JJ bring in his copy from his machine, it should work just fine.
Back to top Go down
JP
JP

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:03 pm

JJ emailed me a copy and was finally able to get it to work...now just need to figure out the best resolution to use...thanks to mike and lynde for hooking me up. cheers
Back to top Go down
JP
JP

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm

how long are the server reboots usually...nightly?
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 am

think they're usually 10-20 minutes, I can usually grab a smoke, a drink, check the website, and then log back on. It never seems to be down too long and yes it is about every night or every other night.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:05 am

albino
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:08 am

Okay, a couple observations, something to share, another thread to start...and...here we go:

Anyone else find it pretty cool that a butt-ton of the guildies are posting about DAOC? I mean, this almost feels like the old-old site--we tended to "socialize" more on the website. So I guess I get to live viscerally through your discussions here...but it is a welcome and refreshing change from weeks of no posts....mostly because we're racking our lives for 4 months on the strappado of the Lich King. (Don't look it up, it sounds worse than its definition.)

I love reading about it all. I like that there are some purists out there who created this freeshard and tried to keep some of the generally-accepted balance-crushers out of the game. It may not be perfect, but that it has attracted so many of us speaks volumes. And while I believe that there are reasons why DAOC needed to die, some of my best gaming memories are from RvR...and even PvE...there (although I have to admit, the PvE memories are generally of us dying while keeping JJ alive and then watching him solo finish a Wretch of Winter or something).

Truly looking forward to playing with you guys when I get back, time and Cataclysm permitting, if someone would email a copy to murasame42@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Oh, and I noticed Jerm posted something about the BGs being different leveled than they used to be. What are they all now?

And, some epic win, only in TEXAS:
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2010/09/texas-chef-successfully-deep-friesbeer

J
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am

Due to relatively low server pop there are only 3 bg's. 20-35, 36-43, and 44-49. Getting to level 30ish is easy enough for the first one. I'm 38 right now and am having a hard time in the second one. I die very quickly (usually one of the first to be targetted in a group). That and being under geared is a tough combination. Coming up with funds on a brand new character to get a fully SC'd armor set is not easy. I've been saving my money for end game armor and just relying on groups to keep me a live in the BG's... everyone loves a minstrel Smile
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 pm

see I'm in the opposite boat I have to keep my gear mildly updated due to soloin all the time cause no one wants and infi and I solo in pvp hehe...oh well I'll eventually get alchemy leveled up once my plane delivers...on that note:

Ken: tailor
Craig: ACing
jeremy: WCing
me: alchemy

do we have a spell crafter or fletcher...and is there anything else I'm forgetting?
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm

<---- Spellcrafter

Although I am broke atm since my $ went to help purchase the guild emblem. Slowly working on getting funds again.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Yeah, I went ACing not WCing. I can switch I suppose, only around 425ish atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School DAOC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4