Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old School DAOC

Go down 
+8
Cain
Vorex
Darkrise
Creep
kyarr
lazuras
Engelica
Arseneck
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Wassup everyone, i know i don't know a lot of you because i haven't played in so long. But i was a founding member of the guild...about 1 marriage and 2 kids ago.

Anyway just thought i would pass this along. I found a DAOC freeshard that is totally old school, no new frontiers, no TOA, not even the SI zones.

They have all the SI classes (expect necro and Bonedancers are jacked up)
They have the old frontiers (with the new RA's but they are working on rolling them back).
They have all of the races except minotaurs
and there is about 500 people on it in average.

I have an Alb Reaver, and Leevoth rolled on there too.

Come check it out,

here is the server website, it has turtorials on how to connect. It's totally free, and you just have to download the 14 day trial from DAOC. it cost no money at all.

http://uthgard-server.net/
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Well hello there Arseneck! Long time no see in the gaming world.

Funny you mentioned that. Bruton has a mentalist on that same server. In fact a few of us rolled some Hibs there. We don't play to much, but I know Jr and one of his friends from work are on there as Hibs. Go beat em up! Happy hunting! cheers

Back to top Go down
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Yeah, he is the one that told me about it, and i rolled a hib, and couldn't deal with it. I just don't like hib, so i tried alb for something different, and i've always loved reavers.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Reavers are cool. I always liked the cleric. Had one on Ector or one of those "classic" servers.

Hibs on the freeshard suck. No one there wants to RvR. All they do is raid (PvE) Razz Definitely better to go mid or alb for sure!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Wassup man! I may have to try it out, wouldn't mind rolling another infi...good to see ya though either way and welcome to the website hehe.
JJ
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:51 pm

I've been playing a minstrel. The only thing that sucks is if your used to the quest leveling in WoW the grind on here blows. Other than that it's pretty fun and I don't feel so compelled to spend every waking moment on it since I'm not paying.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm

I for one miss the grind, makes you feel attached to your character when you performed feats of strength to achieve the maximum level rather then collecting sapling wood...just saying Wink
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 pm

The grind isn't that bad anyhow. The population is relatively low, 500+ as Scott said, so the camp bonuses are always high and it's easy to cap xp. Oh and no buff bots so hopefully RvR will actually be fun again! If you jump on my minstrel's name is Kyar happy to PL to the best of my ability at level 16.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:38 pm

cool, I'll try to figure it out tonight maybe...we'll see
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Ok, when you download the trial it will automatically patch you up to version 1.105. There is a down patch on the website support forums that you will need to run in order for the game to work properly. The game will run w/out it but you won't be able to use the training windows if you don't install it.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 am

Um...how did they "get rid of" buffbots? Can you not still run a 2nd account and /stick it to your butt? (Not a realistic option in RvR I realize, but a GREAT option for me if JJ makes a cleric that I could play when I got back...)

Just sayin'.

I do enjoy healing...

J
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 am

They got rid of buffbots by making it a rule, and the population enforces it. Im sure there are people that are good at hiding it, but you will not see a buffbot at the PK just hanging out. They want a body infront of every account. If you want to play two toons at once, just make sure you can see both monitors and actually reply when asked.

I have never seen someone running around w/ a cleric stuck to them...so im just saying.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 am

If you go to the website you can see all the accounts banned each day for botting and other reasons. Like Scott said the population helps to enforce this along with periodic checks of accounts by staff members.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:35 am

well finally got the patches done...got to level 5 as an infi last night after playing final fantsay 6 for 3 hours while I waited for it all to patch hehe. they still have the quests from catacombs to help get you some armor prior to level 5 in the starting zone but it looks like all bets are off for quests after that but maybe I just haven't wandered far enough yet. Ah the grind begins...we'll see how it goes, their server maintenance time is EURO time though so that's lke 10PM our time which kinda sucks.

biggest problem I have so far is i've never really played old school alb so i have just about...yeah no clue as to where to find shit to kill.
JJ
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 pm

If you're gonna be on tonight i'll hook you up. They have the old school class quests implemented so every five levels up to 30 you get a new item. Actually, starting with the 15 one you don't even have to do the quest you just get an item from your trainer.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 pm

damn so we are going stealth? well i have my reaver, and i rerolled a Sorc, i might stick with the sorc, or roll a scout.....we will see.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 am

No buffbots. Hrm. That makes me want to level as a full-time buffer.

Wait a sec...how hard are respec stones to come by on this freeshard?

I know jack about levelling in Alb. BTW, is this pre-DF nerf? Shadowblades still viable at all?

Then again, if we go full stealth crew...definitely want a scout. The usual ranged advantages, even if Infis are retardedly strong old-school stealthers. Anyone see any differences in how stealth causes lag on this generation of machines?

That is, of course, unless my loving wife wants to join us...then will have to rethink class balances. Nothing like multiple stealthers in the same room...still enjoy the memory of that weekend in Omaha with Backbleeder, Fuji, and Lazid.

J

PS Ange's game time will be at a premium through February, given what she has to do for this new practice. I may be solo more often than not, if there's still an interest in daoc when I get back. The thought of raping Molvik for a week or so has me drooling.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 am

Well, I'm going to stay a minstrel since they're viable in any group. As for RvR stealthers like bait... just sayin Twisted Evil

Those were definitely good times Jake. Probably one of my fondest MMO memories.

Also this is post left axe nerf. They've implemented all class balances up to version 1.80 and left axe was around 1.40ish. That being said I think Dragonfang (alb thrust use after evade 5 sec stun) is still unchanged.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 pm

maybe my sorc or reaver would be good bait, i'm just not cut out for the stealth game, i just never liked it.

My reaver was fun on bors alb, because i was kind of a stealth hunter. Most N/s and SB that were dumb enough to try and pop me died.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:14 pm

where have you been? I haven't seen you online since like tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 pm

are heretics implemented? also, anyone had any problems with the management yet? or any extreme tweeks?
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:39 pm

No heretics haven't been added.

And i've been busy dude, there are fish out there to catch, and i haven't found 1 all summer, so i have to keep looking!!!!

And mainly i play in the morning since for some reason the old man in me wakes up at 5 anyway.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok, guess I'll just continue on to 50 by myself and wait there... 18 more levels. I think JJ might catch up though, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 pm

did everyone end up rolling stealth? if not what are people playing? if enough people are playing actively i'll look at running a cleric, just might be a bit tough to level....
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am

I have an infi named Motegi. you guys have 'Demise formed up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old School DAOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School DAOC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next