Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old School DAOC

Go down 
+8
Cain
Vorex
Darkrise
Creep
kyarr
lazuras
Engelica
Arseneck
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

Old School DAOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:03 pm

ewwww vanguard hehe.

Lazid-infi, again doubt I'll be on again for quite sometime until I get my time management skills worked out over the next few weeks...and then I'll probalby be back into wow who knows.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am

Trial Software? Download the full version then use the link in the beginning of the thread. Its a free shard, you have nothing to lose, except part of your life Wink

Cordit - Friar
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Kyar - Minstrel. It is free as Ken said... what have you got to lose? I don't know how much I'll be on after tomorrow. I'm heading out for Cali on Weds and don't know what my free time will look like after that. Most likely will be on during the little one's naps and that might be about it until I figure everything out.
Back to top Go down
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

I'll see I have two classes starting today Programming with C# and Web Scripting. So not a lot of free time to be had.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:49 am

So you are going to help Craig program Demise the game?
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 am

Strategic management started today...I will sell the damn thing Wink
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

The question has been asked a few times now so here is a short tutorial on how to get up and running.

(1.) Install daoc and patch to the latest live version. Here is the link to get started. http://l3-cdn2.nap.eamythic.com/daocpatch/installer/DAoCSetup.exe
(2.) If you don't have it, install the latest version of DAoC Portal. Follow this link then click on Downloads near the top and then downoad the portal from the following page.http://www.daocportal.net/?page=downloads&file=client
(3.) Download the patch file: http://www.uthgard-server.net/downloads/uth_classic.dmm
(4.) Save the file to the <DAoCPortal>\mods\ directory. If such folder does not exist, just create it.
(5.) Start DAoCPortal, click on Client -> ModMgr; accept the license after you carefully read through it; and then check the the checkbox next to the Uthgard Classic Patch and click the patch button at the bottom.

THATS IT!! Now from the daoc portal select the uthgard server and just type in a username and password that you want and it will create the account on first login. Then once in game follow the directions in your chat log to register that account to your email address.

P.S. Here is a link to a list of class information for uthgard. http://uthgard-server.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2703.
It shows some good information to think about while choosing a class such as what classes are available on the server and some differences between the classes on live and uthgard rulesets.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:18 am

You will need to take this file

http://www.mediafire.com/?45rm1gum0mwgcoi

and replace the game.dll file with the one in your Daoc folder, this will fix a lot of bugs in the game.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Elenda ~ cleric

edit: changed class
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:30 am

We need to get the guild started on uthgard. JJ, you are supposed to be on top of these things.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

Free account, 2 accounts per pc... 4 people, Should be pretty easy to get together that many.

Quit slacking JJ
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 am

eat me haven't played anything in a week or so, family home, started school, and aircraft delivery phase...I'm swamped...so you know...slack this ya bunch of jerks.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 am

I <3 u
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:48 am

For those who are looking for a Character Builder this one is up to date with the server.

http://daoc2.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm?CFID=158826789&CFTOKEN=88416825
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am

Ummm, guild started. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am

Set up some basic rank stuff. All of the core members are rank 1 and can invite so /who Demise when you get on if you need an invite
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Just need JJ to log on so we can xfer it over. cheers
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:14 pm

too late now.. all your guild dues R belong to me!
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 am

Currently I am 550ish in Tailoring, not bad considering the little amount of money i had. I can make up to ilvl26 cloth/leather. So if you need anything let me know... also if you have to much gold to carry I will gladly spend it and lvl it up higher.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 am

ding 35, RR2l2 and 541 alchemy...and no one was on at 4AM last night while I was doing that stuff...may be awhile before I play anything, only have a chance during staying awake for night flights.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:30 am

Look for me at night, with the Time zone change I am usually on around those times. I was on earlier this morning around 4am, but I was crafting so a good chance I didn't see anything. If you did a /who I am usually /anon
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Craig got me, now the next question...if i ding 36 can i go back to pvping or is the level gap too much to do anything in the next bg until like 39-40ish...someone get higher to tell me!! Leveling an infi is not fun regarding finding groups so would prefer to get back to pvp as soon as soon as possible...
JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 am

We're getting there... Ding 25! I agree with the leveling thing (grouped or not) too. We are all grouped aoe pulling and it BLOWS! Want some more action!! Wish they would hurry up and patch the BG's already. bounce
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 am

The next BG is 36-43. Might want to hold out until 40 or so.
Back to top Go down
JP
JP

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 pm

I must be a retard...cant get a copy of daocportal....any ideas? The links above didnt work for me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School DAOC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next