Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DAOC--going forward

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

DAOC--going forward Empty
PostSubject: DAOC--going forward   DAOC--going forward I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 am

While I loathe the amount of time I spent leveling (an albeit easy toon) to 50...I don't think it's an expectation that everyone would hit 50 and play at this point, with so many other good (and newer) offerings online...and the only reason I would want to play would be with you all in RvR.

That being said, I propose something else--

If you WANT to have a 50, feel free to do so. The time and effort required are substantial without some of the things we were accustomed to on the live servers. Having a 50 facilitates keeping the guildhouse up and permits us all access to the more expensive toys for...

You guessed it. BG twinks.

Let's commit to a once-in-a-blue moon (say, Geekfest?) run with our BG toons...LAN-party only sort of mentality. We already have enough higher-level toons and crafters to make all of the gear required to max stats and resists. Perma-/xp off toons.

So, next question...given the class constraints on Uthgard...and being twinked at max level for the lowest BG (level 35)...what is the ideal party to just OWN in there?

Respond to this post with your thoughts, and what toon you would play. I have a couple twinks I could level to 35 at some point, but assume you would take a few hours here and there to actually level up before we did this--we won't go hitting 35 in a weekend on Uthgard (and acquiring trinkets, armor, gear, and weapons cheaply).

I propose 5 core toons--those folks who would reliably be around for Geekfest or willing (and able) to own in some oldschool BG combat. Any other 3 toons would be gravy.

My initial thoughts:
--MA. Thane, Zerk, or Warrior.
--Speed. Skald.
--Spec buffer. Aug sham.
--Healer. Aug/Heal specced.
--Pacifier. Pac/Heal specced.

Any other 3 DPS? Since I am including an aug healer, I am counting on melee types but not exclusively.

Appreciate any thoughts on it. First posters that wish to commit to a particular toon get the role. I'll play whatever.

J
Back to top Go down

DAOC--going forward
Page 1 of 1