Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old School DAOC

Go down 
+8
Cain
Vorex
Darkrise
Creep
kyarr
lazuras
Engelica
Arseneck
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kyarr
Officer

Old School DAOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 am

No Demise on there yet, not enough people to form it up. As for everyone rolling stealth no. I'm playing a minstrel (semi stealth), JJ has an infil, Scott has his multiple toons as usual. I rolled a minstrel so I can run with a stealth group or a normal one. I've been pretty active but gonna slow down after this week as I'm in the process of moving and going to be playing Mr Mom for a while after next week. But it's free so as for deciding to play or not, what have you got to lose?
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

The thought of old emain gives me a chub.. although the grind of the old is not something that I missed. It is free though so level at your own pace.. no pressure to hit 50.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

As for server activity though it seems pretty good. I've seen two relic raids happen in the past week and there are scheduled dragon raids and such. Maybe it's the nostalgia or maybe it's that classic DAoC was a great game but I'm actually enjoying it so far.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:42 pm

When i can get groups i play my reaver, but when i can't i normally play my cabie.
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 pm

aight, i'll pick something to level for now and probably change if more people start playing. will post when i get a name/class
Back to top Go down
Cain
Cain

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Arseneck wrote:
No heretics haven't been added.

And i've been busy dude, there are fish out there to catch, and i haven't found 1 all summer, so i have to keep looking!!!!

And mainly i play in the morning since for some reason the old man in me wakes up at 5 anyway.

Some fishing advice for Arseneck - Gotta Catch Em All!

I've got a Reaver named Caimek, slow leveling though... RL blows goats...
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

I've been having some trouble with the classic path, i've downloaded it twice and patched it in the mod manager both times but when i log in it still prompts me saying that i have do not have the classic patch.

Rolled a soon to be Cleric named Shaigomasu
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:19 am

lvl 3 Acolyte ftw!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am

you have to select it on the active mods from the portal I missed that the first time on darkrise, you have to actually leave the box "checked"...might be your issue, if not well Kyar knows way more then me.
JJ
Back to top Go down
panik

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:30 pm

I missed out on DAOC, might try it out. Starting to get more and more free time now.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Since you started out in WoW, DAoC will seem a lot slower in the pace, and interface... but the PvP in the end is usually the pay off, depending on the realm.

Before you get 4 lvls into it and want to quit with your one style and 10 minute battles, at least give it till lvl 10 before you decide if you want to gouge your eyes out or keep with the grind.
Back to top Go down
panik

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:08 pm

I have no idea what I am doing in this game. I made a runemaster on midgar. Is that the right one to be on?
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:16 pm

We're all playing Albion at least Scott, Ken, JJ, Cain, Mike, and myself all rolled toons on there. 35 Minstrel now and want to cry. I forgot how much the grind sucks post 30. Unless you're an infil who can solo in the BG and get 1 full bubble for one shotting a clothie.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:38 pm

XP is still decent for PvP kills?
Back to top Go down
panik

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Okay, got a palladin on albion. sort of just walked around for 20 minutes no knowing what to do lol. Will have to hop on vent sometime and have someone help me get started.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:54 am

Is housing implemented?

How are you guys arming yourselves for the BGs?

J
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 am

I have a staff, and I hit things with it

It's Green so my dps is pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:58 am

Housing is implemented. As for gearing for BG's I'm just using drop / DF gear.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

I have crap gear and occasionally waste a lot of money on random shit...I do in fact believe 30-35 will be easiest in the bg as you get roughly 10x xp for PvP that you would get in PvE...but like Jeremy said I have it easier as an infi, though being shit geared does in fact suck.

I worked up alchemy high enough to be in green and gray though so I feel okay about being a pansy. The shittiest thing imho is the first BG is 20-35 so not much since even bothering until 30...OH and RP's in it cap at 12k...which sounds like a lot for that level but really if you arrive at 30 you'll hit RP cap LONG before you hit 35...anyway family is home so I'm not doing much of anything now will likely not play anything for a few weeks as I also start school Monday. So happy hunting all see ya in a few. OH and before this break for those curious of time vs reward...Infiltrator, level 32, 430ish alchemy, RR2...so it's not that bad, but jeremy is right that it does slow WAYYYY down once you ding 30.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:46 am

You all need to stop! Put the old "crack pipe" down and walk away!

Seriously, reading this forum about a DAoC is killing me. It's like giving a pack of smokes to "just quit" smoker.

I hope you all are having fun.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 am

So are wizzies the bolters in this realm? Remind me about albion casting dynamics...I remember a runie could BOLT BOLT NUKE. Wizzies the same? Always easiest for me to have a cheap-ass ranged damager until I could start making gold. Figured either that or a theurg would just be vicious regardless of gear.

Still like to do a scout, but that will depend on what's up when I get home...cata may own our time for awhile.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

j
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Fire Wizard is the Bolt Bolt Nuke class

I personally would play an Air Theurg, range AoE dmg, Mez, oh and pets that stun/dd

Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm

or a cabalist for focus shield...if you're going for profit that is
Back to top Go down
Cain
Cain

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Need toon names to connect up, help out where we can.

Give yourself to the darkside Thor!
Back to top Go down
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh downloaded the trial software. Thats as far as I got.

Rachel (The uber Wife) and I have been playing Vanguard. For a couple of months. We geeked out until 2am last night, err this morning.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School DAOC   Old School DAOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School DAOC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next