Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

next week tank afk possibility

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

next week tank afk possibility Empty
PostSubject: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:14 am

Next week we will have one of our tanks (JP) out of town for both raid nights. Asssuming his work schedule/sleep schedule can't line up with raid times we have to options: Kyarr can go offspec thus keeping a "main" in raid and freeing up a dps slot for the duration of the raid or Earl can come in as our second feral tank...either way we're losing pally buffs. I would prefer the first option if Kyarr is comfortable with it (he has as much gear as JP did when we started this) mostly to not change our make up too much, but neither option should hinder the raid too much...so discuss amongst yourselves and we'll see who's on Tuesday of next week.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Kyarr is far better geared than Floe in his offspec, nor do I think we would want to lose my utility on Koko--yet...although, losing 5k+ blood dk dps is gonna hurt a tad. My vote is Earl--he plays a godly bear--similar to our other bear tanks.

Ange's pally isn't ready in Ret, nor would I think we would want to lose her utility--yet.

We can make up the forgotten kings at least...but would gain the mana regen with a shaman, although skerrit is WAY better geared than Shat...really thinking Fuegoeagle. Otherwise...I got nothing to offer regarding this problem, and I have been gone too long to have kept up with others gearing alts--so we may have some capable parties ready, but I am ignorant.

Sometime relatively soon, we may need to start swapping some alts in as we finish mains off on each boss. 7 of 10 duplicate drops this last run may start pushing us in that direction, fucking tearjerker...but NEVER at the risk to the raid--just to improve raid diversity WHEN mains are unavailable. Raid leader calls the ball, I got no dog in this fight--not gearing any other toons but Kokopelli before I get the call.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

been e-mailing our two options all day I'll make the call on tuesday if JP isn't on 8 server.

As for alts, the whole 7 melts is the reason why alts aren't an option already...when all the mains actually start getting their crap, we'll explore the option but honestly after putricide dies our goal changes to speed on the first 7 bosses rather then gear so we'll have time to start working down the next two wings...I wouldn't anticipate alts (other then occasional shamans or off tanks) any time soon.

On the subject of speed...it's abundantly clear we have the "capability" of clearing up through putricide on a single tuesday night if saurfang isn't all jacked up...That being said I expect our current plans on tuesday until not only putricide is on farm but also until the next quarter has been dropped...after that there is a good chance we'll start locking the instance out until all content has been cleared...just a heads up for everyone, it's a ways off but still something that we'll discuss as we move along.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Everyone should be revered by then anyway, so I think you're absolutely on track.

That ring proc is a remarkably noticeable dps upgrade for casters. How is it working for the melee types?

J
Back to top Go down
selohssa
selohssa

PostSubject: Tues   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

I honestly don't care which I play. If I get a preference, I would really like to get rep and a shot at the trinket from Gunship on Assholes . He is only 2k/12k to Revered so one week isn't going to make or break anything but the trinket is a HUGE dps increase. Since I don't have a regular spot, I would be happy to play whatever gets me in.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

you will be on gunship every week and at the very least one other boss. As for next week, if Kyarr tanks I'll pull you in for most likely all fights and we'll pull in wahin in random places and pull others out as per usual (he atleast needs saurfang). Anyway we'll always get through it...and on the brighter side brian I can't figure out a good way with our group compliment NOT to have you in for blood queen as well...so expect a call when we get there Wink
JJ
Back to top Go down
selohssa
selohssa

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Don't forget about Princes!

I R LOCK TANK

I should pull up my Leo the Blind killshot and get all old school
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:06 am

Since it looks like I'll be tanking tonight I'm going to be swtching my tank spec to a more threat friendly one. I've been having a lot of trouble latley holding threat in 5 mans let alone trying to tank a 10 man. Gonna try a blood tank spec. I don't know if any of our DK's have tried it yet but reading the forums it seems that is the best way to go as a 2H tank. If I could get a couple one handers I might go back to frost. Again, hopefully JP will be able to make and I don't even have to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am

It' been a while, but Mike's DK used to be blood"tank" spec. Did just fine keeping aggro and such. Keep in mind this was mainly in 5 man content.

/$0.02 off
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Two things on your aggro generation in your current frost spec Jerm--

one, the only time I have seen you lose aggro was to me, on Shat, when I spiked damage as a result of your Icy Talons skill (I don't always drop totems for every trash pull, so we'll chalk this one up to those extra swings), and I have only seen you lose aggro to high single-target DPSers that are not on your primary mob. Same thing happens to me on Floe if I get a rogue who fails to use tricks, or a hunter, and selects a different mob than I am on.

My usual aoe pull rotation on Floe goes DnD, Howling Blast, runic edge (if I wait for an unholy rune), plague strike, PESTILENCE....Blood Boil if I am losing aggro, then Howling blast every time it is up. I realize that I'm not as badass on single-target threat as a blood DK, but typically it doesn't matter. Shit either dies fast in the usual pugs, or if it is dying slowly I'm generally leading damage. What weapon are you using for tanking? I have the 232 axe out of one of the new dungeons--your threat generation is directly proportional to the dps on your weapon. Tanking has always been Floe's primary spec, so I use the biggest weapon there rather than my DPS spec which is admittedly shit.

J
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Right now for tanking I'm using the sword off Marrowgar. For tonight I'll be switching to my dps axe for the extra expertise and extra socket. If I was a true tank that would be my primary tanking weapon anyhow. Until another one of those drops and nobody in the raid needs it I'll be sticking with the sword for typical PUG tanking. As for raid tanking I want to maximize my effectiveness even if it is only for a couple nights.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Ok, some more research has lead me in the direction of staying frost and adjusting my spec some. Seems I have some wasted talents atm and also getting different glyphs. Hopefully that will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next week tank afk possibility   next week tank afk possibility I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next week tank afk possibility
Page 1 of 1