Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

looks like its time

Go down 
+4
Dehblud
Engelica
Zearn
lazuras
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

looks like its time Empty
PostSubject: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 am

Well folks, we had a good run, but we just don't have enough folks to do much other than WvW occasionally, with that the few of us who have been on as of late would like to merge demise into one of the servers bigger guilds. Thankfully GW2 is designed for such decisions so Demise will not be deleted or lost as we'll simply all just go represent another guild (hell we may even all re-represent demise if we have a good 5 man on or want to go claim keeps) but for day to day operations I feel it would be best to jump in with someone with a large guild. With that let the debate commence, Lynde has been in contact with BURN a guild so large they actually have multiple sub-guilds in an alliance, I'll let her post details below. I have already spoken with the leader of Side Effect (SE) who would also be happy to have us, they're a bit more structured than we're used to though and focused almost entirely on WvW...two very different guilds, so before we make a final decision lets discuss what we want:

1) Size - lets face it, with our random play times IMHO bigger is better especially as we will maintain demise as something we can represent when we want small man, but if you truly prefer a small 5-30 man ish guild let us know my vote is big.
2) Focus - WvW or PvE This one in my opinion is obvious, I want a guild for PvE as wvw I can go out solo and track a commander or for small man action grab the demise folks I know, not much else in between. I don't rightly care if the commander shares my guild tag, but it's still a deciding factor
3) Personal wants - what specifically would you like from a new guild, I would like to see the guild events (bounties, puzzles, etc) and have people for achievement whoring with (story modes, random dungeun paths, etc). What do you have in mind.
4) We move together - obviously this is the purpose of the post, but if you hate SE or BURN or ABYS or whoever we need to avoid them, I want to go together or not at all.

Let me know what you think and what guilds you have talked to, would like to pull the trigger in the next few days so get the discussion going, I'll make another post below describing SE.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 am

While Lynde chatted with BURN I spoke with Side Effect (SE), Here's what I gleaned:
Friendly folks, usually 40-50 members on-line with roughly 400 in the guild and very focused on WvW. They form up as a guild using Mumble voice at roughly 8-9PM EST for WvW every night, they also run guild events every Sat/Sun/Wed at 8PM EST...From what I've seen that's pretty much it, they appear to be very focused on WvW. Last night of the 47 members online I would say less that 15 were in zones not related to PvP or lion's arch.

Pros-Bigger guild, lots of folks, Great commanders, does guild events

Cons-WvW only, a bit early for the people I've seen on lately (seems our best chance for more than 3 people starts at 8PM CST), seems pretty structured and rigid for guild events but won't know unless we try em.

Personnally they're an option but don't really fit my wants, but would do if everyone else wanted them. They have a good reputation as well...a bit cocky but rightfully so, believe their commander is one of our top WvW ranks so far.
Back to top Go down
Zearn

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 am

Per listening in on some of the discussion last night I think it would be best to find one that is active on the PVE side of things since that is where we are really lacking. We can go out and catch a WvW crew and commander at any time reguardless of Guild. As someone said last night we could possibly lead the way for developing the WvW side of a PvE guild.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 am

BURN is definitely HUGE, almost intimidating. That could be because I am used to our small party of fun. I spoke to "The Golden Dawn", he is the event manager for the guild(s). He said they are mainly PvE and have a few that like to WvWvW. He has a commander tag (which is not important, but cool at the same time Razz ) and says that he has some faithful followers that run with him in WvWvW when nothing else is going on.

Bottom line is, they are very laid back. He advised they run anything from story mode dungeons, to jumping puzzles, to lotteries. They have members from all over the world. That is a plus for always having people on. Their GMOTD is updated daily and will show what is in store as far as events. They use TS, he also mentioned the info is on their GMOTD. Last night they had 44/483 members online. Out of the 44 on, maybe 7-8 were in WvWvW, all the others were in zones/dungeons/super box etc...

I think they would be a good fit... Laid back, BIG, and the three I dealt with last night were very helpful.

The only problem I can see is they may be TOO BIG. They have so many people they had to make 2 other guilds. If 500 is the limit of people in the guild, they already have 483/500 filled. Will they have enough for all of us? Who is "all of us"? Also, I am not 100% on their reputation. I have heard people say some not so nice things about them.... but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

If I gather more info from them or if I talk to another guild I will let you know Wink
Back to top Go down
Dehblud

PostSubject: Sounds good to me   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

I think this is a good idea, it does not matter to me which guild we goin with, burn is a good guild with lots of players, i have ran things with them before, as long as we stick together when we are on and still do stuff together, it only takes a second to switch back to represent our guild when we have a 5 man to do something.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 am

Today's the day! I am a little excited to be starting down a new path with some new peeps. Last night BURN had 55 people on. Most of which were in Lornar's Pass together. Our guess was they were doing the new guild event things.

Here's to new beginnings and new people! cheers
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 am

yep, we'll pull the trigger tonight on BURN, lynde you're my lead on it so, get us a home lol. See yall when we see you.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 am

Roger
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 am

I have accepted the invite to BURN. They now have 487 members. If 500 is the cap, I am not sure what will happen. The toon I originally talked to said they would create another guild... we shall see. I am looking for The Golden Dawn to speak to him again and to let him know we are game. I will tell him the concern of not having enough slots and see what he says.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 am

I just got a tell from a member to represent the guild at all times. My connections are not on atm to talk to about this, but as soon as they get on I will ask them about the times we will want to represent Demise instead of BURN and how they feel about that. They may not be the guild for us if they want us to only represent them. Not jumping to conclusions just yet though. Just wanting to keep all info posted.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:41 pm

I already quit BURN for that very reason that Lynde said. I mainly play in the morning, and already had a good guild i was hanging with (SOT) and was going to only rep BURN at night when i was on with you guys. But after 4-5 mornings of having to explain why i wasn't repping, i decided to rep them full time...that was a mistake. I don't know how the night crew is, but the morning crew is lame. They don't do anything together nor do they answer any questions. Also i noticed that while I was in WVW i had people commenting to me that I was worthless becuase I was BURN.

After that I just got tired of it, and went back to SOT and dumped the BURN tag. i will always join up with you guys on the rare occasions I'm on during nights/weekends, but I'm not going to join BURN again.

Also, this is the second Burn guild I've quit for the same reasons, originally i was in their lower class Burn guild and quit becuase they were lame as well. I really hope the night shift is better than the morning shift.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I have played with quite a few people in the evening running dungeons and such. They seem pretty cool. I haven't really WvWvW'd since joining up with them. I am not worried about the jerks out in WvWvW, they can bite me for all I care. Who knows, maybe one day we will all (Demise) be on representing BURN and kicking ass in WvWvW.

Sucks the morning crew hasn't been more active for you, Scott, and thanks for letting us know!
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Have seen nothing in guild chat from these guys, at all.

Indifferent.
J
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:55 am

Don't see much in Demise guild chat either... Especially since there is hardly anyone on... We are kind of stuck in the "no one wants to play" anymore. Mainly because people are busy with RL stuff. <shrug> So what do we do? If there is a better guild out there that will take all of us, by all means let us know! Until then, this is what we got Cool
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:10 am

Well, I've invited about a dozen people to this sector of BURN, I'm going to talk to Doc (alliance leader) tell him to either merge this guild or expect me to tell all the kids I recruited to go find something better, I'm the only officer on most days and the only ability I have is recruitment so I can't charge up bounties or anything. I'll give them a bit of time to fix it else I'm going back on the hunt, saint's and sinners will probably be my first stop they support representing anyone you want hehe, I'll keep you all posted, but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:21 am

Saints and Sinners isn't bad, neither is Shadow of Thieves, but I'm not sure what there presence is at night. Kadmes is the SOT leader and he's on with me in the morining, but i'm not sure if he logs in during US night hours (He's Aussie).
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:01 am

After speaking with JJ last night, I will admit, I didn't know everything that was going on within BURN. Crappy deal for us! I am game for seeking another guild. I only wish we could get people on in Demise, then this wouldn't be a problem Mad I will start looking at guild tags and such when I am playing to see who is active at the times we need them to be, etc. We will never find a guild that is 100% compatible to our play styles, so keep that in mind. The hunt continues...... elephant
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

Not a prob...here's what I like, and don't like so far:

Like: BURN appears all over--It's a big guild. The only time people talk in /gc is to inform folks when events are up. Big plus.

Dislike: No access to guild vault.
Nobody I know playing the last 2 nights I have been on.
Nobody up in vent from Demise.
No personality to this guild, thus far.
Facebook login requirements or guild registration? Meh.

Sorry, rather either KEEP Demise, or keep our Demise family alive via alts--how do we access the Demise GV now? Who is the GM of Demise (assuming someone has an alt that still holds the tags).

Much as I'm sure at some hour during the week things will pick up, it was REALLY boring all day yesterday, day prior, and this morning in /gc.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:34 am

Keeping Demise alive is EZ becuase you can be in multiple guilds. So if you need the guild vault, just stand down from the other guild, rep demise and access the vualt. It's not hard to switch back and forth. The cool thing is, that if you have items with guild insignia's on them they change as well.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:42 am

Neat, thanks for that. I haven't taken the time to learn jack shit about this game. Really just doing completion-type stuff since I don't see 'old Demise' online, and I get bored easily. Trying to knock out a lot of the usual big-ticket dailies for phat lewts...and thank GOD they changed the dailies to something a LOT more palatable than what they had gone to. YAY, FRACTALS when I log on at 0-dark-thirty and would prefer to just knock out some gathering, a few events, and some killin' Wink

Looking forward to a lot more online time here in the next several weeks; hopefully folks get up vent more.

J
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm normally on from around 5AM to 7 AM CST, so if you're on around then, send me a tell and i can get you an invite to SOT, we normally do at least a COF run or event hunt in the morning, and they do fractils a little later, so if you're on later than that you can probably run with them.

To send me a tell, just look at the demise guild roster, right click on my name if im on and whisper me. I'm normally on one of these toons:

Death Doxy
Brass Billygoat
Fubart
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

I got an invite from SOT along time ago when I was lvling a thief. How funny is that... I have also quit BURN. When I saw a ton of them from the other BURN guilds gathering up to do something and nothing being said to us, it mad me angry so I rage quit their guild Razz Representing Demise as I should be....
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Demise runs in my blood...if you guys arent on I will just do something solo or go fly an RC plane or something. I really have no interest in other guilds.
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Sooooo what am I missing being many time zones away?

Either way I guess ill go back to making beer Smile
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 am

Absolutely nothing. Deployed in 1997 for the full calendar years of 1998 and 1999 out of Japan. During that time I had almost no interaction with American pop culture, online gaming, and very little email contact with folks.

I missed N-Sync, Britney Spears, and...um...UO?

So you're not missing anything. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looks like its time   looks like its time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looks like its time
Page 1 of 1