Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stuff I wish I knew earlier

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

stuff I wish I knew earlier Empty
PostSubject: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Volume one...

1. Magic find and chests don't matter...design dude posted this on official forums, also doesn't help with the forge
They only work on creature kills, chests however have a better table then normal kills. We wanted to avoid the game play of killing a boss and then having to equip your whole Magic Find set before opening the chest.
Also magic find is calculated from when the creature is killed so it’s also not viable to use your normal gear set kill a boss then switch to magic find.

Also reitterates saying basically only when you push F after killing a mob while targetting the bad guys body does Magic find help...lol so no theories on the forge still but good to know no need to swap gear in dungeuns really.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 am

So basically magic find gear is only worth equiping if you are out running the karma loop looting lots of corpses. Good to know.

Lynde just made a good point as well. This also means we should probably stop wasting magic find food buffs on chests.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm

yep I'd save magic find anything for karma runs/ solo farming ie daily stuff...good to know
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Speaking of magic find I need a tailor to make me some superior runes of the pirate like 5 of em, think I have 2 or 3 platinum dublooms Wink I'd craft the jewelry for myself but 5-10% bonus to magic find isn't quite worth 25 ecto's...yet.
JJ
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

or I guess I could just mail mats to jr...heya jr whatcha doing tonight?
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 am

So hold onto all of those crazy magic-find buff vanity items until I ding 80, correct?

Socketing a broad array of stuff into my gear...mostly tough/vitality, but when I find magic find, that's my second priority...and anything else when I find stones or whatnot is third.

REALLY having a blast with fractals and 'Quickness.'

With JJ in party, I am STILL calling it 'Bloodlust.'

Nothing like watching a boss' health drop like a stone.

Why was it SO much easier last night? Wink

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 am

If I had it to do all over again jake, I would probably go full magic starting around level 60 as that's when I believe you can start getting exotics, before that, I'd burn any magic food with less than 26% on it, the rest save for 60+. I wouldn't go for perfection until you're well into 80, but really it seems to pay off.

As for speed, I think last night went well first off because they were nicer fractals for our group makeup (2 guardians=good attrition+less deaths). I think Mike is putting up about the same damage as me, with better survivability, just not as bursty. Sadly I'm probably only doing about 3/4 a thieves max potential because I like to have extra hitpoints and toughness rather than you know...die. In the long run as I've soap boxed before, the reason I like this game is the lack of need for meters, winning is dictated by whether you get the chest at the end of the fight, how you did it isn't defined by good tanks, healers, or DPS but on teamwork, knowledge, and strategic rezzing (all of which we had last night). So...nice work yall, was fun, now we need those folks to get to 80 so I have people to run CoF with, daddy needs a new bow/guns.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stuff I wish I knew earlier   stuff I wish I knew earlier I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stuff I wish I knew earlier
Page 1 of 1