Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Patch notes, fixed fractals?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

Patch notes, fixed fractals? Empty
PostSubject: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Wow...and here I thought I would be logging in to kill Shatterer...and I am now at 25% of the patch downloaded after 10 minutes. GAH!

Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 pm

YAY! Fractals were a pain in the butt for someone who went LD. They weren't able to get back in. YAY! I read the patch notes and I am excited! They sound good to me! Of course, this is before I get to see it in action. Patching.....
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm

no more siege in JP's!!
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Isn't that GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 am

Well here's what I learned last night: New jewel boxes off all karma vendors in orr are okay, have a chance to drop lodestones woot and a nifty new pet, cost just over 4500 karma and all have liquid karma inside...IF i were just starting to work on my legendary I would buy these over straight up buying obsidian shards as they have about 5-10% of obsidian+lodestones for legendaries...side note, the "trash" that drops from them is worth 50c each and drop 2-5 of em...I opened a shit ton of these last night and made about 2g...just throwing that out there.

Moldy bags increased drop chance is ridiculous, in clearing about 10 events on the cursed shore I ended up with about 100 of these bags which had multiple T5 and T6 mats; great update there as well, also the mobs in Orr are thinned out making traveling easier but the ones that are left now appear to drop all T-6 items instead of just ancient bones, again great place for legendary/crafting farming now.

New dailies are rougher, but only marginally so, I dodged during events in orr and had the dodge one done in two evades (10 mobs aoe=10 counts for dodge) the rez one is harder but again easily overcome by simply going to a lowbie zone or farming events, popping up other players who are downed but not dead still counts. More importantly, them being rougher is due to the fact that you can buy 3x ascended slots now (2 rings and a neck) which is currently the best gear in the game, if you did your daily and monthly on time you can have all that purchased within 3 months...not bad for doing what you're doing anyway.

Haven't tried the fractals yet, maybe on a demise night or over the weekend I'll give them a go, but honestly now that ascended gear can come from dailies my motivation for fractals is even lower, so we'll see hehe.

Over all I'm happy with the patch especially if it continues to effect trading post prices on materials for my legendary, I'd say people have about 2 months before T-6 mats drop dramatically in price (after people start getting their ascended gear from dailies they can purchase boxes of materials) and we already saw about a 30% decrease in the value of the mid and low value lodestones, we'll see what the end of the month brings but I expect the next week to define the new norms on values.

Anyone have any updates on the new "living story" stuff or other things I didn't mention post it below.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch notes, fixed fractals?   Patch notes, fixed fractals? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch notes, fixed fractals?
Page 1 of 1