Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Name and Tag

Go down 
+2
Torm
Zearn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zearn

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 am

We have another Decision to make. In GW2 the whole guild name is not displayed under your character name, instead there is a tag next to your name that is a maximum of 4 characters surrounded by []. During the last beta event to make things fast and simple we just used the guild name Black Halo with [HALO] as the tag.

We could go with that or if we want to actually use Demise as our guild name we need to come up with a tag to go with it.

Back to top Go down
Torm

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:28 am

=ZZ=
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 am

LOL @ Ken. If we want to stay with a Demise flavor we could try to snag "AXES"
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 am

Looks like someone else wants our name...

http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/1457
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

Posers.
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:57 am

I think as long as we are not on the same server is them we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 am

Not sure how that works, I know character names have to be globaly unique across all servers.
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 am

Well if they beat us to it somehow, then at least we have a few fall back names. I plan on being on when the servers come up friday night though so I will make guild creation priority 1.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 am

I like the idea of Demise [AXES]. My second choice would be Black Halo [HALO]. My third would be Disavow [DVoW] HAHA! cheers
Back to top Go down
Torm

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Considering HALO is a mass fps it will be a first pick for a lot of guilds.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Not sure about HALO, but AXES isn't. Well per the pre-launch info.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm with Ken, even if we have to go with HALO we'll get people who think we are hardcore console freaks who scream when we get headshot...I like the AXES idea, worse case scenario we blend ideas, ie if we don't get Demise, go with Black Halo AXES, or Disavow AXES...just my 2c. it's either that or we add a second name to demise...like Demised Halos, or Demised Vows....just a tertiary thought to keep in mind.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Imminent Demise
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

I tried to find some info on this. If i understood the reading correctly then getting our guild name as Demise shouldnt be too hard. The only thing that has to be unique game wide is the 4 letter designator.

Last edited by Vorex on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dehblud

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Something Easy   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Try DDBH - Demise, Disavow, Black Halo
Back to top Go down
Torm

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Well if we can get the guild name Demise, then put the 4 letter DMIZ to make it easy. Or if we want to have something clever then go with that.

or choose something off the wall that we can agree upon.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Haha! Something off the wall we all would agree on.. You're funny! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Will go for Demise [AXES] first. If that fails then we will go from there I suppose. It shouldnt be an issue though since there is no way to reserve guild names and I plan on being there next friday night as soon as the servers come up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Name and Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Name and Tag   Guild Name and Tag I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Name and Tag
Page 1 of 1