Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Might be coming back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kyarr
Officer

Might be coming back Empty
PostSubject: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 pm

What's up ya'll? Thought I'd stop by and see what's happening.

Had a talk with the wife last night and think I have her convinced that if I were to start playing again it wouldn't take over my life. Anyways, wanted to see if you all are still active in game or if people have moved on. I don't want to purchase Cataclysm if nobody is playing anymore. Hopefully see ya'll in game soon.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 am

Jerm,

Not only are we pretty damn active (although expect Rift to eat some of the time for a few of us in the next month or so), we've got about 10 players on most nights, and a handful on most afternoons. Hell, I think JP just dinged his sixth toon to 85 and ALL of us would be willing to help you level/familiarize.

It's not about keeping up with the joneses...it's about upgrading your gear over time, running perhaps one daily dungeon...and knocking out rep when you feel like it. We're not hardcore raiding atm, and most are taking the time to knock out professions, level alts, rep, old achieves, or farming.

Prices are pretty static. No real significant changes except that you can make 5k a day from mat farming (if I plan to invest 16 straight hours into getting stacks of this or that). Prospected jewels sell better than ore, herbs go for 100-200g/stack, and tradechat is still full of assholes.

Other than that...business as usual. I'd read up on DK changes before you start levelling, to know what to glyph/spec/rotate in Cataclysm.

J
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 am

Awesome! I'll see about picking up the expansion in between classes today and probably try and jump on tonight or tomorrow. I really started missing you guys over the weekend. Was up late Saturday night slightly buzzed and Lord of the Rings came on, it made me get all nostalgic and think about you all, probably a mixture of alcohol and the movie... Kind of weird but, once a geek always a geek I guess.

Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:09 pm

IMO I would wait until after the Rift launch. Lots of people trying it. Yea yea, Aion was a bust... AoC sucked butt. But you never know when the next "big thing" will come along.

Any who, just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:13 am

There's a lot of folks who aren't even going to bother trying Rift until a few months after release to see if it does anything...after the last 4 or 5 games who can blame them? Anyway we're all still here and even though you didn't return my merry christmas or happy new years phone calls...you still have a home on dawnbringer hehe. Guild isn't "active" as far as raiding still trying to get a feel for the changes, peoples new schedules, and as lynde said some folks are trying out Rift during beta and it's release. All in all a good time to come check it out without pressure to have to play to a schedule.

Hope to see you online soon, school is beating my ass the next few weeks as I'm up in Omaha a lot right now, so I'll be popping on and off as able. hope life is treating you well and we'll see you soon.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Didn't reply to your voicemails?

Hmmm...he broke the bro code.

Can I get a ruling?

J
Back to top Go down
Cain
Cain

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Caller ID baby... Caller ID...
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 am

Sorry JJ, I didn't mean to blow you off. The weeks between Christmas and New Years were pretty crazy down here. Had family coming and going from all directions and I just plain forgot to call you back. I know, I'm a dick and don't deserve friends like you.

Anyways, back in game and closing in on 85, still trying to figure everything out and get used to the game again. Only been able to log on during the week in the mornings and afternoons between classes.

Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:26 am

no worries ass...anyway I told the boys I'd give rift a try, but will likely log on through the next week. Glad to see you finding time to relax, hope school's going good for you...I personnally hate it, can't wait to just have it behind me hehe. Anyway see ya online eventually.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 am

Most folks still Rifting atm, and anyone who hasn't (that has raid-worthy toons) has moved those toons out of Demise for ease of raiding in WoW.

I still come online daily on Koko and a few other toons for dailies, CDs, and farming...so holler if you need ANYTHING.

Otherwise, you may want to give Rift a try. Had something like 15 Demise toons on the other night, usually 10-12 a night average.*

*Be advised, so far only 5 level 50s in the guild...and not a lot of dungeon running yet...so most are just enjoying content and playstyle. Dunno about the long-term viability of this game without large-scale RvR. Fun, enjoy the class capabilities, but not enough to permanently retain my business--so far.

J
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:28 pm

WoW account canceled for now, Rift client is downloading. Off to class now and may be on later tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 am

Cool! Someone else to send artifacts to!!!

BTW, for anyone who gets spares of the artifacts I have been sending out...they sell well if you're willing to check the AH.

J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might be coming back   Might be coming back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Might be coming back
Page 1 of 1