Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rotface in crappy pictures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
selohssa
selohssa

Rotface in crappy pictures Empty
PostSubject: Rotface in crappy pictures   Rotface in crappy pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am

I think we are getting beat by the hectic nature of this fight so I drew some crappy pictures to simplify it a bit.

Before the pictures, here are some important facts:
- Things that can kill you

Rotface
Boss damage: Should only be taken by MT
Slime Spray: A coned ability that is only cast infront of him (Warning in DBM, don't stand in front of him)
Mutated Infection: DoT damage to you for 12 sec or until it is removed when it spawns a Small Ooze

NOTE: Mutated infection is on a SET timer. The pattern is (in seconds) 14-14-14-20-12-12-12-18-10-10-10-12-8-8-8-8-8-10-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6 (stays 6 seconds until he is dead). This is not based on boss health, it is timed.

Small Ooze
Sticky Ooze: Puddle spit out by the little ooze once it is out, slows down and damages targets within 6 yards (this should only effect OT and the person that carries the infection out)
Weak Radiating Ooze: Once the small ooze is out, it does a 10 yard AOE to queue other oozes (big or small) to merge (this should only be taken by OT and person that takes the infection out)

Big Ooze
Melee: This thing melees for a ton, don't get hit by it, shouldn't be an issue if the OT has aggro
Sticky Ooze: Puddle spit out by the big ooze, slows down and damages targets within 6 yards (this should only effect OT and the person that carries the infection out)
Radiating Oooze: 10 yard AoE put out by the big ooze, this becomes important when amplified by the next ability
Unstable Ooze: Every time a little ooze merges, the big ooze gets a stack of this, increasing Sticky Oooze, Radiating Ooze, and Melee damage by 20%! If the Big Ooze has 4 stacks you will be taking about 10k damage per second (this is part of what is killing us)
Unstable Ooze Explosion: Once we merge 5 of them, the big ooze stops, warning in DBM and it blows up. This shoots out "ooze missiles" to random players current locations and does a lot of damage to all targets within 6 yards. (There is a picture for this)

Here goes the strat:

1. MT picks him up and OT waits in the outer ring for the first infected person. DPS goes all out because the fight is timed and the beginning is the only time that all dps can be focused on him.

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide1

2. Player 1 gets infected starts running towards OT.

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide2

3. OT cleanses Player 1 and they wait for Player 2 to get infected some time (see above) after Player 1

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide3

4. Player 2 gets cleansed, oozes merge, Player 1 returns to safe area

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide4

5. OT kites big ooze around the circle, careful not to get in range of Radiating Ooze (spray from the pipes is less damage than stacked Radiating Ooze so stay in the green shit and use Hand of Freedom)

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide5

6. Player becomes infected, starts to run towards OT, is only doing damage to himself at this point

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide6

7. OT should put enough distance between himself and Big Oooze for cleansing to happen as pictured, Big Ooze rolls over Little Ooze and merges

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide7

8. Once 5 stacks of Unstable Oooze is reached, a warning will go out, SPREAD OUT to drop the Ooze Missile puddles, then return to the boss (they only have a 6 yard radius)

Rotface in crappy pictures Slide8

The key to this fight is quick execution. The oozes come every 6 seconds in the end so it will be hectic.
If we can get through one rotation where the Big Ooze explodes and we recover with everyone alive, I think we got it. Also, here is a great video from the OT perspective using this strat:

Back to top Go down
Fyrefly

PostSubject: Re: Rotface in crappy pictures   Rotface in crappy pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

I can't view the pics at work - but great post....lots of good info. Really hope this fooker dies Twisted Evil ..... really hope I can make it to the raid tonight too ha-ha.

Anyways, thanks for the post!

I love you
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Rotface in crappy pictures   Rotface in crappy pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

pretty pictures. On the subject of swapping tanks...I think it's an option but remember JP can cleanse while MT'ing and will be tonight at least to start, he can cleanse most of the radius of the room. Mimic will still be kiting and will also be on the boss to start...why because his kitty form will still do SOME damage when our healing shaman casts bloodlust tonight right off the get go. Despite some options back and forth and with the added informtion above (his aoe being a possible cause for too much damage taken, not to mention people with the dot on them are also mortally wounded and thus take 50% less healing) From my most recent readings folks are saying when he gets down to the 6 second oozes it becomes unmanageable very quickly and too many dps will be shitting slimes to maintain any good damage...SO rather then attempting 4 heals tonight we're going to go with the blackout and censored method...2 heals.

The raid itself SHOULD take little damage between getting cleansed again and hopefully avoiding fatty slime. That would also put almost another million damage within 4 minutes on the boss...by my math, with bloodlust and another million damage all our healers have to do is keep us alive until that...as that will be more then enough to drop him in that time. we'll give it a go and see where it leads and thank you brian for further insight.
JJ

PS-we've only made it over 4 minutes on one attempt...fast slimes start at roughly 3.5 minutes in...Now...average dps being 4.5k (assumed buffed from shaman we'll say 5k and it's easier math)=300k per minute x 6 dps=1.8mil per minute in 3 minutes that's about...5.4 million, and by 4 minutes that's 7.2 million...add in JP's constant damage and mimic's opening damage we should over come the bosses 7.3 million HP's. All assuming all members survive, and there's only one way to find that out.
Back to top Go down
selohssa
selohssa

PostSubject: Sounds good   Rotface in crappy pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Everything I have read says definitely use Bloodlust right off the bat due to everyone being able to focus dps.

If JP is comfortable tanking and cleansing that sounds great, we should outline a "cleanse ring" for when he should cleanse whoever is running out.

I think the reason we are failing is due to people dying due to big slime aoe damage and recovering after ooze explosion. If we can get these down then we are good.

worldoflogs shows the average kill dps is 32k with a duration of 230sec. This seems right on with your estimates.

PS: I did the pictures in case anyone was confused about how the mechanics are working. I hope they will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotface in crappy pictures   Rotface in crappy pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotface in crappy pictures
Page 1 of 1