Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!! Empty
PostSubject: This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!!   This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

I am, of course, referring to the CURRENT damn legendary quest, which, after about 20 iterations since 5.0, culminates in a quest called "Celestial Blessings," which awards you your choice of one of six ilevel 600 cloaks (upgradeable to 608).

In a word, FUCK.

So there I was...Kokopelli, Bane of the Fallen King...slayer of all kinds of big baddies, savior of Sunnydale high, etc, etc...getting bitch-slapped for over 30 failed attempts at the final part of this quest last night.

Yeah, you read that right...the biggest, baddest (currently) dps-whore, overpowered as hell and many ilevels higher than what this requires...got treated like a little bitch...repeatedly.

Before you despair, understand that this is little worse, at level, than the final BC questlines for Karahzan or to get your Druid flight form...tedious, time-consuming, and irritating.

A little background on the legendary:

After you ding 90, you go visit Wrathion, son of Neltharion (Deathwing), who tells you that your destiny is to help unite Horde and Alliance to fight of what will PROBABLY be yet another incursion of Burning Legion luvins, with some Titan magic/tech sprinkled throughout (paraphrasing, I just found out about the burning legion in the last iteration of this questline).

He then sends you off to begin your LEGEN-wait for it-DARY QUEST!

(Should be legendary, given how tedious the whole process is...but fortunately for the latecomers, Blizz likes to nerf old requirements, sooooo, enjoy...at least you don't have to bring him a shrubbery). Also writing this from memory, so please edit when you find other requirements I have forgotten.

1. Go bring me a bunch of Sigils of Power and Wisdom. You will need ten of each to complete, and they drop (now at a 2x rate) from the bosses in the first 5 raid dungeons--I believe power from the first two, Wisdom from the 2nd two, and either from ToES. Burning coins does NOT get you a 2nd stone, per boss...as far as I know...regardless, you should have so damn many elder charms that you should burn a coin on EVERY raid 1-5 boss, if only for gold and sha crystals.

2. Go get honored with Wrathion. This requires you to kill mantids, sha, and perhaps something else. RTFQ. Not hard, can knock it out in a night of farming.

3. Go await the arrival of your Naval Fleet. Do this, and you need to also get to SOME level of rep with them and with Wrathion again (think revered with him by killing your Domininance Offensive enemies...I think).

4. O hai thx! Now go get me a Chimaera of Fear. Go kill the Sha of Fear and loot it. Complete quest to receive your +500 primary stat gem, which can only be socketed in a sha-touched weapon (read, raids 4 and 5).

5. Congrats on your uber gem in your shitty 483 weapon, which you have probably already replaced with a 502 or a 516: Now go kill Twinbraids down in Krasarang forest! Self-explanatory. Nerfed, no longer takes 10+, you can do it with 3-5, still need a tank and probably heals.

6. Yay, Twinbraids is dead! But before you get this nifty bauble...you need to go earn 3,000 valor (STARTING....NOW). Enjoy. Oh, but when you get back...you get a FREE SOCKET in a sha touched weapon. OBTW, that free socket is SUPPOSEDLY usable in ANY weapon from ToT and rumored to work on 516 weapons, just like the blacksmithing socket. Get it, use it (I totally forgot about this once I upgraded.) Yes, from what I understand, you can socket BOTH a main hand AND an offhand for 1750g/per socket. Whee. The first one was free at least.

7. Go open up Thunder Isle and finish getting exalted with MeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEE! Kill mogu, get exalted. Raid ToT.

8. You opened up a new raid! Congratulations! Now go get ANOTHER 20 things...I forget what they are called at this point, being somewhat punchy, think Secrets of the Empire...collect those 20 things from the 6-9 raids, and also hand me 40 trillium bars...and...I will give you...BETTER META GEMS! Yes, they ARE that much better. Funny, they MAY last through the next content, given their procs.

9. So you want your "legendary" cloak, huh? Awright...go do raids 8-9 for Titan Runestones...with an average drop rate of 2 per week off of those six bosses, and one guaranteed to drop off of lei shen (final boss for LFR), you should be sitting pretty in about 6 weeks.

10. You OBVIOUSLY have too much time on your hands. Thanks for the runestones, now go get Lei Shen's heart while you're at it. KTHXBYE.

11. Mmmm...heart good. It's giving me...hallucinations...I see *spoiler alert* dead people. Now let's go watch you die 30 times while trying to beat an insanely difficult boss, whose google results for ranged dps bring up: cheats to beat "Celestial Blessings" quest.

So here it is. You will go speak to all 4 celestials...and you will choose which spec you wish to "compete" in. You will then face a boss...as RDPS mine was Wrathion...who drops 5 additional 559k adds, each of which do stacking damage and stacking movement speed...and they hit like trucks. Soooo, you had better have lots of cc, damage mitigation, shields, heals, movment buffs, distractions, etc...to survive long enough to slap Wrathion down as he jumps around, cleaves in a huge mogu arc, causes those little adds to respawn every minute after you kill them, spawn a bunch of mirror images that do a huge aoe explosion...and...it generally sucks. Seiwa only wiped 8-9 times on the tank one. I think I beat mine by outlasting the mechanics...the adds quit spawning at the 10-minute point, and i destroyed Wrathion pretty quickly following. I healed myself for almost 6 million points, did 21M to Wrathion, and however many million more to the @#%^#$ adds. Yes, I was cursing a blue streak last night...to the tune of 500g in repairs...multiple flasks, and plenty of food. What a nightmare fuck-ex. Good luck. BTW, cheats did NOT work for me.

12. Congratulations, adventurer! I'm sure that didn't leave you wanting to cancel your account, but rather sally forth and smite my foes some more. Huzzah! (All the while, I am debating the VERY short future of the black dragon race.) Choose your ilevel 600 cloak. Wait for 5.4.

In summary:
Get exalted with the Black Prince by killing shit you kill anyway.
Earn 3k valor after opening up that quest.
Collect a bunch of sigils. Then a bunch of secrets. Then a bunch of runestones.
Get exalted with dominance...maybe.
Kill Twinbraids.
Spar against Wrathion.

You get:
+500 gem only usable on the lower-end weapons from raids 4-5.
Prismatic gem sockets for weapons (and offhands?)
Meta gem >> standard meta gems
600 ilevel cloak
Carpal tunnel

Dazzit. Legendary if ya want to, don't sweat it if you don't. Mains...probably worth going back and doing, just to min/max...alts...shoot yourself first.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!!   This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 am

UPDATE:
Whacked on Twinbraids this morning when Kyton told me that he had duo'ed him with a hunter. I kinda question that, but here's what we found:

HP reduced from 110M to 13M. Burned him to 60% before he summoned adds, which the tank SHOULD have been able to pick up before I got whacked, but didn't have his AoE swipe on his hotbar...heh.

Imminently 2-mannable, or soloable by a blood DK/big bear/pally I would imagine.

OBTW, the socket you get from finishing this can ONLY be used on sha-touched and ToT WEAPONS (not offhands).
Back to top Go down

This DAMN LEGENDARY QUEST!!
Page 1 of 1