Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Night 5/1/2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Guild Night 5/1/2013 Empty
PostSubject: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:02 pm

There has been a request to run the new dungeon. Thought maybe we could get that done "quickly" and run some WvWvW? Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

Sooooo, is 'guild night' the only time anyone logs in?

Spent the whole weekend--Friday through Monday morning--blowing stuffs up, knocking out dailies and big events, learning some basic crafting skills, and working towards 100% completion...

And "saw" two Demise guildies. Total. Think one might have been arseneck, dunno, never replied to my tell...and the other was JJ. Spent significant time discussing upcoming events, ran the daily guild bounty with him, learned how to unfuck my condition-damage issues, why cursed shore sucks balls, and when to toss crabs (Saturday, 6pm server with BURN). He's going to be busy getting ahead in his classes this week.

That was actually fun, but hanging out the whole weekend hoping to catch some guildies to run fractals with, or your personal questlines, or events...kinda blows with nobody on.

Meanwhile, I'll keep running dailies and knocking out my superior traveler's set.

J
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:11 pm

if you messaged me, i didn't get it, it may have been spammed by dungeon chatter or something. Sorry bout that, hit me up again.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Welcome to our world Jason. I have been logging on less and less because there is no one to play with. It's sad. We all love the game, but log in at different times. Sooooo, what is the answer to this kind of problem?
Back to top Go down
Zearn

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Just got back from traveling and trying to get back into my routines. I should be getting backin into some gaminig in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:18 am

Well, I think we do like we've always done, since DAOC (NOT UO*, explanation below):

With DAOC, the Omaha crew was growing out of the communal living and everyone logging in nonstop for days at a time...folks eventually got girlfriends/boyfriends, married, kids, etc...and logged in commensurate with their other responsibilities...but we also recruited a bunch of other players who rolled with us for a few months before schisms developed.

What JP has effectively developed in WoW is a rotating group of those folks, just by being fundamentally...nice. No harm no foul when folks want to take a break, log off for a few months...can't make it due to other commitments, want to go try a new guild/server, etc...and we simply fill their spot. Lately, more problematic than usual, but WoW is a different beast--the more time that goes by, the more ilevels you get, the easier content becomes when you revisit it...so time is on his side in that respect.

But in order to keep that rotating cadre of folks who may or may not log on to raid or just do things together...we have literally 1000 toons in the guild; and anywhere from 1 player (me, in the mornings), to 20 players on at any given time. The steadies are usually on 5-6 hours a day, and there's normally 6-10 of those logging in.

Point is, for Demise to thrive in any online environment, we need a handful of folks on pretty consistently, or we need to recruit enough to do that, if only for situational awareness or socializing. And we should EXPECT that they'll leave over time, and that we should recruit others pretty consistently.

Prill. Laphonsia and his twin brother. Primus. Cain. Keill. Darkrise. Stigh. Johnjakob. Bruton. Arseneck. Zearn. Thorgren. Torm. Glal. Backbleeder. Asmod. Japes. Vavne. Jett. Makenna. Krosa. We cast a wide and friendly net for folks to roll with us...and, it works...some return over time.

Time to open that aperture again.

Vent is back up, btw...I have not installed mumblr or teamspeak (until I see an absolute necessity to do so).

*I think UO was a different beast--lots of communal living, neverending LAN party--and while I am cool with that idea, it probably works better for the 18-year-old crowd less the thirtysomethings...although...I wouldn't be surprised if several of us are able to retire and facilitate some serious geekfests on a routine recurring basis in the not-too-distant future.
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:16 am

Yeah, it's hard to stay on, or log in at certian times to meet guild events. What i have had to do is emerse myself in another guild. I have met some good people there and still have fun in game. I'm still Demise at heart and would gladly roll with you guys on any given night, but i'm never on when you guys are. There are a couple options though.

Spam guild invites...get in the masses and then trim to meet our needs/weed out the bad. OK so that's one option. If you want, i can try to spam invites in the AM, i don't know if i have invite privs or not, because i haven't tried. But atleast this will start to grow our numbers.

On that note, if we do get people in, we can't hold them at arms distance, we need to be active with them and promote guild event/or just doing things together. One reason I like SOT is becuase there is atleast a core group of us that do things together in the morning. Sometimes it's just a COF run, other its finishing out southsun, Arah, fractals, wvw (we have a commander), or random what ever. We do things together we joke around and have fun with it.

One key thing that might help recruitment is to get an active commander in the guild. Not only will this bring in people, it will bring in other commanders to our guild (if they rep or not) for communitcation purposes.

Just some random thoughts..
Back to top Go down
Arseneck

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah, it's hard to stay on, or log in at certian times to meet guild events. What i have had to do is emerse myself in another guild. I have met some good people there and still have fun in game. I'm still Demise at heart and would gladly roll with you guys on any given night, but i'm never on when you guys are. There are a couple options though.

Spam guild invites...get in the masses and then trim to meet our needs/weed out the bad. OK so that's one option. If you want, i can try to spam invites in the AM, i don't know if i have invite privs or not, because i haven't tried. But atleast this will start to grow our numbers.

On that note, if we do get people in, we can't hold them at arms distance, we need to be active with them and promote guild event/or just doing things together. One reason I like SOT is becuase there is atleast a core group of us that do things together in the morning. Sometimes it's just a COF run, other its finishing out southsun, Arah, fractals, wvw (we have a commander), or random what ever. We do things together we joke around and have fun with it.

One key thing that might help recruitment is to get an active commander in the guild. Not only will this bring in people, it will bring in other commanders to our guild (if they rep or not) for communitcation purposes.

Just some random thoughts..
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I agree with what you guys are saying, but in reality who has the time for it? I know I don't. We can't have the Demise we had back in the DAoC days... We aren't the same people. We are all married with kids now. I don't log on until 8pm on most nights and I am off by 10-10:30pm. I will log on during the day, but I am a lot of the time AFK dealing with my kids and the responsibilities around the house. On weekends I like to hang out with friends.

I think we just have to call it what it is. Demise is a small guild on GW2 that occasionally gets enough people on to group up and do stuff. I don't ever see us being a large guild with multiple people on....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Night 5/1/2013   Guild Night 5/1/2013 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Night 5/1/2013
Page 1 of 1