Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I found this guy soothing...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

I found this guy soothing... Empty
PostSubject: I found this guy soothing...   I found this guy soothing... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

and somewhat helpful since I have never played a resto shaman.. What do you other resto shamans think about this? Is he pretty much on target?
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: I found this guy soothing...   I found this guy soothing... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 am

His voice put me to sleep before I finished it.

Sleep

I haven't played Shat's offspec at all since I got back...dunno. Is Caiera on the guildsite yet? Does she have a resto sham?

J
Back to top Go down
Megadeus

PostSubject: Re: I found this guy soothing...   I found this guy soothing... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 am

he is pretty close to what i do for healing on my shaman. However, he put more importance on GHW(Greater Healing Wave) over Chain Heal then i do.

I will open with ES, and then Riptide before the pull if possible. Then chain heal through the MT/OT to get a nice AoE heal for the tanks and melee. If someone specifically goes down quickly, then i pop a riptide on them and chain heal through them until they are up and then switch back to the tanks. I use CH here to ensure that others in the area are still receiving at least some healing.

For friendlys that are not close to one another, I would again open with RipTide and then GHW. Then once they are up, back to the tanks.

The idea here is to always be healing as many people as possible to keep the over all raid HP up. By casting CH, you will not only hit your main target for big numbers(healing amounts goes down with each jump of CH) but will also ensure that the rest of the raid is topped off as well. I use this same method whether i'm raid healing, or tank healing.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: I found this guy soothing...   I found this guy soothing... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 am

Great, that is pretty much what I was looking at doing.. Opening with ES and RT....

Now as far as mana goes, do you find yourself running out at all/often? I can't really judge myself on this yet, I suppose. I just picked up resto as my offspec and was practicing with my enhance gear on. I was quite surprised on the mana regen with totems down and WS. I still ran out of mana, but still. I know they changed the way mana works so people are not always full on mana, or at least that is what I heard, just want to know if it is a problem or not.

Glyphs I am using (Keep in mind this is for PvP, I would swap out what was needed for PvE)

Prime:
Earth Shield
Riptide
Living Earth Weapon

Major:
Chain Heal
Healing Stream Totem
Healing Wave

Minor:
Renewed Life
Water Walking
Astral Recall

All in all I am excited to give the Shaman a try and I am hoping I have a blast! Thanks for all the input!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found this guy soothing...   I found this guy soothing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I found this guy soothing...
Page 1 of 1