Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True or not

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

True or not Empty
PostSubject: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:33 pm

I don't know if this is true or not. BUT I am not going to be the one to tempt it!!! I just left Wal-Mart when I got this message....

"DO NOT GO TO ANY WALMART TONIGHT. GANG INITIATION TO SHOOT 3 WOMEN TONIGHT. NOT SURE WHICH WALMART. THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ON THE T.V."

After I read this I thought about it.. NO WAY. They are just trying to scare people. Then another friend who doesn't know the first one sent me the same message. Word for word!! So if it's true or not, who knows? I am not going to be the one to find out!!

Just thought I would share... We need you all for 10 mans!

Stay safe, ALWAYS!
Back to top Go down
Fyrefly

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:39 pm

It's not true......

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

Great website to check these "chain" mailings you get from friends and family....and undesirables as well!

Thanks for thinking of us though Razz
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Wal-mart is bad.. MMMMMM-K
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:02 pm

It may not be true, but I am not going to be the one to find out Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 am

Given the thugs, the 400-pounders, and the meth addicts I normally run into when I roll into wally-world to buy ammunition...

Would it really SURPRISE anyone if, after all of the press on this text, that MS-13/Crips/Bloods thought this would be an absolute riot to actually DO at this point?

Protecting yourself counts alllll the time.
Back to top Go down
Fyrefly

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:59 am

Aye, protecting yourself does count all the time.

And, yes, I totally agree that safe is better than sorry.

However, fear of a rumor means fear of everything. Knowing whether something is fact or fiction is the best tool to aid in not living in fear of it.

Of course, still be safe - don't go to Wal-Mart on a night that a rumor has circulated of violent acts. But don't think for one second that the intelligent "serial" killer who shops there EVERYDAY is going to put out a "warning" before he or she strikes.

We, too often, trust the "safe" looking people and fear the KIDS in baggy street clothes. Anyone remember that Ted Bundy was an honor student? Got his degree in psychology? Was a prominent member of the Republican Party for years? Accepted to law school? Escaped from prison - TWICE, BRUTALLY killed 35-100 women?!?! And how did he get them? He preyed on their weakness of awareness and their trusting nature. "Oh, my arm is broken, I need help with my car door...." KONK - out cold!"

Awareness of your surroundings, strength in numbers and common sense are all you have to keep you safe when out in public - especially as a woman. (Well, that and the .45 under the pillow....heh).

Shrug.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 pm

I know I am guilty of judging someone by what they are wearing. Everyone does. I tend to push through it though. I will always smile and say hello, excuse me, or thank you. It's just who I am. I feel you can tell a lot by someone's eyes too.

On another side I see so many woman on a daily basis walking to their cars, talking on their phones, and looking like they have no clue of what's around them! Never play the victim. I was always taught to walk like you have a purpose and to be aware of your surroundings. Shoot there was a young woman kidnapped from Target's parking lot here in Nebraska in the middle of the day!

But I do agree with what you're saying. You can't live in fear. And I don't, just caution.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Fyrefly

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Caution FTW! You are very right chickypoo!! And very smart for being that way!! Too few women think about it, I have seen the "ditz" with the cell phone before as you mention...."Uhm, I like totally didn't see that creepy guy in the shadow and next thing I know I have been robbed, like wow, officer"......yea......ignorance and poor awareness FTLLLLLLL!

Thanks again for the warning babs - I didn't go anywhere NEAR wal-mart the other day Laughing
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 pm

/loves Fyrefly

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or not   True or not I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True or not
Page 1 of 1