Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News Empty
PostSubject: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:59 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_fea_pets_ap_poll_psychology

Having retired two long-term relationships due to this sort of namby-pamby feelgoodishness regarding how pets "listen," take my below observation with a grain of salt. I have one thing to say to the type of woman depicted in the picture with this story:

Lose some weight, maybe he'll pay more attention to you.

pig

J
Back to top Go down
Fyrefly

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 am

Keywords being "A lot of times, I'm just venting....complaining...."

Nag! I wouldn't want to listen to that shit either.

My thought would be her pets listen better than her husband because she cannot handle two sided conversation. Love to hear yourself talk much??

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:19 am

Being a big girl myself, here's my grain of salt: I don't think it has anything to do with her weight. She didn't say her husband doesn't pay attention to her. She just said if the pets are "around when she's venting" type thing. Double standards are everywhere though I suppose. You have to be so so height, so so weight to be worth anything. <shrug>

pig
Back to top Go down
JP
JP

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 am

The comments are the only thing I read on the article....one said it best....

"you can be talking to your pet, but is does not mean it is listening....or something like that.

half-assed ftw cherry
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:54 am

I talk to my cats. I have no expectation that they listen, but they're certainly empathetic. That's the point this article fails to make...we're all animal by nature and can communicate on a variety of levels...levels that spouses tend to ignore as familiarity and indifference grow--the same things that folks tend to complain about in their spouse's attentiveness.

With indifference grows apathy, and in most cases, the desire to stay svelte. An animal doesn't provide a human being with a desire to look good or stay attentive to listening themselves--they're just non-judgmental.

Judgment implies caring enough to judge.

And I'm back to my nutrisystem...heh.

J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News   Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, Gotta Love Yahoo News
Page 1 of 1