Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hola peeps

Go down 
+6
Cain
Krosa
lazuras
Darkrise
Creep
Thorgren
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

What's shakin' my flaky WoW brethren? Are we all planning to hook up in Aion and try a new game again. Hopefully without the disastrous results that came with AoC.

I will be TDY to Laz's neck of the woods for the first week.

Thor
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 am

Open to play suggestions, not sold on it yet...especially given the amount of time I invested in AoC.

J
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 pm

*ahem*

Warhammer.

don't bash it till you try it.

but for realz, will keep an eye on where you guys go. would be nice to hang again sometime.

.Drew
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 pm

did try, at frank's house in fact, consider it bashed...nothing to see here Wink
Back to top Go down
Krosa
Admin
Krosa

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

i played warhammer...

that is all
Back to top Go down
http://www.scaile.com
Cain
Cain

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Did you seriously try the PvP in Warhammer? Yeah the PvE blows and is boring as heck, but all the open PvP zones are like faster paced DAoC battlegrounds - tiered for different character lvls. And they also have scenarios that are like timed multi-group instances with objectives.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:19 pm

yep logged on at level 1 went straight into pvp scenario, neat, had a little bit of entertainment, but had an ominous feeling the entire time that i knew exactly where it was going...Wink
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Please don't say that WoW's battlegrounds/PvP are more fun... Because, they're not..
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:03 am

more of the same, more of the same...and no, I would never say wow's BG's are more fun...then anything in point of fact hehe. Creating a game as ground breaking as EQ, UO, DAoC means not cutting and pasting any of their code into a new title, only reason I've stuck with blizzard this time around? atleast they cut and pasted from all successful games (and some epic fails with one or two good ideas) not just one or two. guess we'll see what happens down the road. Like at the theater, quit remaking crap and start giving me something new.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Torm

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am

Blizzard has fucked PvP in Wrath, Now they have some new zones and it is sort of cool here and there but as far as gear goes, its all kinds of messed up. In Burning Crusade at least if you had PvP gear and went against someone with the BEST PVE gear you could still stomp their face. As it is now, if your not in the Top guild with the Top gear mixed with PvP gear then your not able to compete. Blizzard is making a lot of mistakes... the end is near.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:22 pm

I feel they have some years left in them though (Blizzard that is). I mean DAoC messed up how long before they pooped out? I just think that our peeps have all got different preferences on what they want in a game. We will never be able to play together like we did in DAoC. And that's cool... to each their own ya know?

I plan on playing both games. (WoW and Aion) When I want to PvP I will be on Aion. If I feel like kicking the same mobs ass in WoW for some gear that will be worthless in a patch or two I will play WoW. LOL! It's simple.

And like I've always said, if I am ever needed (or Mike) will be in vent for peeps to call on.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:37 pm

shrug, not saying I won't try it eventually, but I know I'm not picking it up on release. I'll let them work the bugs out first for a while, I'd rather be behind the power curve then grow to hate something that can be fixed...hopefully hehe.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Torm

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:40 pm

<cough> DDO Sept 9th
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:42 pm

<sniffs the air> Do I smell a party coming on?!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:29 pm

dungeuns and dragons online?! wtf are you smoking???? wow just googled it, free to play...sounds like they're following the Anarchy online model, paying for the content you want, not a horrid idea imho. Wonder if they ever made it full of less suck...
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:57 pm

We played it a few years ago. It was fun! But our idea of fun seems to be different from what you consider to be fun Razz
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

oh yeah yall like funneled pvp my bad Wink Give me Felucca anyday you care bears! I did in point of fact like DDO, played it for a little on release, just not enough time to invest in it's particulars...kinda like FF11, neat concept but required more time then I can put in any game.
Back to top Go down
Torm

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Previous Account Holder's Unite!

Umm lets see...

Gonna make a cleric.. big surprise I know... Think its only one server... and I will start up a Demise since I will be logged on in about 2 hours once the download is done.
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:21 pm

I call ranger! cheers
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Ooops, I was signed into Mike's acct since I am on his laptop. "I" call ranger. Who knows what Mike wants Razz
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Never had DDO
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:11 pm

It's a really great LAN party game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Torm

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 am

It looks like it still held some of our old account info, Khyber was the server name.
Back to top Go down
Torm

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 am

Correction, DDO server starts with a G Gallandel or something like that. I already have a lvl 4 cleric there however I will prolly make a new one to start a good baseline with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 am

It will still be a few days before Mike and I are even home. Then I don't know if we will jump on right away. Will be an emotional journey home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hola peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hola peeps   Hola peeps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hola peeps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: General Chat-
Jump to: