Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone interested

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 am

Well, was going through the guild achievements the other day and realized we have about half of the legendaries completed, I'll drop the gold and the solo time if I can get 4-6 of you willing to run dragon soul a billion times to get the drops I'll need to make fangs of the father (should also give us some chances for mounts). Figure on Jakes old school raid mondays I could jump on about 930 or 10 PM, shouldn't take more than 45 minutes from what JP told me and while we're together we can work on the hammer as well for one of the caster types. It would take 8-16 weeks to complete but it's one clear a week so won't really be time consuming just waiting on lockouts will suck.

First run can be really short as I just need to get to the fourth boss to pickpocket him. Figure it's something to do Mondays while we wait for resets. If we get a lot of interest we can do the 25 man version which will make the process faster. Let me know what yall think, else I'll just go back to fishing and archeology, figured it was something low threat to pass time hehe.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:32 am

I'm game.

Could also use the same on Firelands to finish up the Tarecgosa staff (which comes with a guild pet btw...)

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 am

Would love to see old raid content every monday, the tier sets were prettier hehe. Thanks to the folks who helped down 4 bosses last night, I'm past the first 2 steps, dropped 10k gold and will try to get to the next raid step by this coming monday. It's a long process of just farming dragon soul when I get to that step, but 4-6 of us can handle it pretty easy, and the same folks should be able to go right to firelands as well for the other legendary...would love to see demise get the achievement for all old legendaries done.

I'll get to work on all the solo crap, not sure how long it all takes, but will keep this thread posted as I get closer to starting the first of two 4-8 weeks of farming raids...fun...
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 am

I'm interested!! Just not 90 or geared yet, boo! Hopefully y'all are still at it or something by the time I get there! LOL! Razz
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:20 am

Otay, let's do it! I only need 3 more big bosses that drop embers to finish my current step...and then however many months of farming bosses for whatever nifty things you need for the staff. Besides, it's Avengers of Hyjal rep. I did knock out Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnarok for the guild...and someone we had recruited finished Thorindal for us as well, as I recall.

JJ, you can solo Black Temple for the Warglaives now...only pita is controlling the stuns on illidan's summoned elementals.

Shadowmourne, anyone?

Think we should keep the Monday thing alive for that...would inspire a different cadre of non-raider, while keeping those of us who are on anyway engaged in something fun.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:35 am

You only need to be 85+ to help out lynde, these are old raids so you're always welcome and the gear is pretty to transmog to...I'm gunning for the guild achievements creep, so all we need is your staff, my daggers, and JP said he may be interested in shadowmourne on his Pally...all I know is I'm out 10k gold so I'm going to try my damndest to finish this thing...As for the war glaives, I don't know we need them for achievements, but I'll check tonight, don't remember seeing them. Note if we get more folks we could try for the individual boss achievements too for the mounts, and there's 2 mounts that can drop inside, might keep people inspired as well...I just want my knives and the tier armor hehe.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 am

Alrighty, got my first 55 out of 333 items needed last night, thanks for all who came. Think it will be much faster next week. Assuming interest stays alright, like JP said we'll just pick 10 or 25 mode pending who all comes. Thanks again see you next monday.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

2nd dragonsoul night, lots of garbage dropped (but all sells well, think I had 100g of greeded drops by the end of the night, plus recipes), and JJ is up around 134/333 required items now for the legendary...2 weeks, over a third of the way there. Sincerely hope the Tarecgosa stuff goes as easily when this completes...truly looking forward to milking every wholesome ounce out of both raids.

Good setup last night. Half-dozen 90s, one afk boomkin, and a few others...absolutely stomped the hell out of the raid, on 25-man...and 25-man yields more of those nifty clusters that Lazid needs for our Legendary achievement. Then on to Firelands to do the same thing for my staff (and a pet for all the guildies!!)

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Aye easy money...granted after these 333 I will need another item type from the same raid...so figure few more weeks for this round, then probably a down week (less I get through it fast) then another 4 ish weeks of DS....eesh, if I could get on by 9 like I planned could do both FL and DS, we'll see what we can do.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 am

Well, decide what it is that you prefer and update those raid times to fit your schedule. Lemme know when I am an uncle again!!!

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 pm

assume 9ish until the NEW baby has a schedule of sorts going, if you don't see me by 930 assume my soul was eaten by the house full of females I now must deal with lol.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:20 am

Buy male animals. That's why I did. Slipping in too much estrogen around the house. Helps to have beasts that beat the hell out of each other; at least it distracts me from having to buy pads.
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

Mondays have become a bad gaming day for me so I will probably not be able to attend Monday events for a while.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah, sorry JJ...got your text and was already falling asleep...crazy PT day and got an allergy shot. Zzzzz. Hope you were able to knock it out last night.

WAY fewer people playing than even a few days ago...Ange and I were among maybe 10 total out on the island this morning...killing Golganaar actually took a few minutes. Almost halfway to valor max from dailies...wonder what we're raiding tonight...

Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:31 am

Great weekend, but reflecting as we ramp up to seeing the last of the LFRs in the coming weeks. This week we SHOULD be getting the third of four Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO) LFRs after 12EST today. Given that the first four bosses basically drop everything you could possibly want (in terms of upgrades) anyway, why exactly is Blizz sticking to this philosophy of "new raid dungeon, my contract requires me to create 12 bosses and some optional bosses...zzz...pay me."

It really kinda sucks. This isn't innovative...this is kicking the content can down the road. That, and I have seen about a 90% decrease in players out on the Timeless Isle...at least on our server. And why not? After a few days, you already have every conceivable piece of gear for your 7 alts (AND their OFFSPECS, plural)...so what exactly is my motivation to raid on any toon but my main? Oh, yeah...having those warforged runes to burn...when I do. So, when you've got all of those alts, harvesting 3 coins per week and catching a few celestials on them...you eventually top out on the coins and need to run some LFR with your alts.

LFR is RANDOM at this point. One raid I was in, one-shot the sha...most knew their role. Next raid I was in, I was #3 damage with a 502 weapon on a MDPS alt that I NEVER play...average DPS in that raid was about 45k. Pathetic, and would not beat the enrage timer. LFR at your own risk, and when you have a couple hours (at least) to burn. Leave when it gets too painful, or risk your mental health.

The reason the weekend was great was that I actually got to run old content with my brother. We two-manned ToC 25, all of the BC raid dungeons, and were having a hoot BSing throughout. That's why I play...for fun...not for the incessant EverQuesting4GearUpgrades that WoW seems to have become. Actually want to go back, knock out some achievements...and finish guild Legendaries up when we can.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:48 pm

^ this a hundred times...I lost motivation to even do LFRs atm and I still need to for my legendary...but i am enjoying transmog and running stupid stuff...guess I'm getting older but i think until the baby starts sleeping through the night that's the most yall will see out of me, hopefully the occasional LFR to keep lazid up to the challenge if he's needed but really if I'm on it'll probably for a quick something. Now to pimp lazuras in green, I hear there's a plate set in BC raids that's green and black...
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:22 pm

It's a DATE!

Or whatever. You keep aggro pretty damn well despite being 50 ilevels lower or so on that warrior. All TBC dungeons again?

Flying to San Diego Saturday early, and honeymooning all week...although Ange has a conference to attend some days...should find some time to geek if we're not sipping champagne on a balcony or whatnot.

Wink

J
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 am

You all probably think I have given up at this point but I have just been busy. I will return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested   Anyone interested I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested
Page 1 of 1