Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whoa...finally got onto the wiki

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

Whoa...finally got onto the wiki Empty
PostSubject: Whoa...finally got onto the wiki   Whoa...finally got onto the wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 am

Wow, how bad does my intardweb connection suck when I FINALLY manage to get onto the website for a little class research?

Mesmer. Nice choice JJ.

And I am REALLY digging the randomness of the Chaos specline.

So how does speccing work? I mean, when you are "done" with your favorite character spec...what does it look like in terms of total points?

http://taugrim.com/2012/09/23/guide-to-guild-wars-2-mesmer-legion-build/

INTERESTING. WE ARE LEGION.

More interesting...a calculator.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Ng-FR;0VPV5127cVF71;9;49JEE92;019-3;05;02;0J;044;1sV2DsV2D8BL

Is it accurate?

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Whoa...finally got onto the wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoa...finally got onto the wiki   Whoa...finally got onto the wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Total points for SPEC is 70, so you can go 30, 30, 10 or 30, 20, 20 or 20 20 15 15...or or or...

Respecs are relatively cheap and when doing battleground type PvP you can respec all day for free and still maintain you standard spec when you leave.

As for skills there's two worlds of thought on this one, though I already know which school you will fall into, I will briefly explain them:
Get all the skills! this is one option, ie you earn skill points leveling, doing challenges, etc, skills cost 1-30 pts to buy and you have lots to pick up between racials, epics, heals, and regulars I think it's like 170 or so skill points you'll need (give or take a few dozen). After you have all your skills, all additional skill points can be spent on stuff to toss in the mystic forge, including materials for your eventual legendary weapon...Meaning if you do buy all your skills this will take longer to earn, but hey we both know getting all the skills unlocked for your class is what you're going to do, and what I did, and what most of demise likely did hehe.

Other option: Unlock what you know you'll use and ignore everything else to save your points to buy mats much faster for forge recipes...upside is better gear faster...if you're lucky; down side, skills get nerfed, buffed, etc and you don't even have them unlocked to use them...

Now for the kicker when you hit 80...you still level up every 250k (as I recall) experience...you don't get any stronger or better but you get a skill point to spend on whatever, so skill points are unlimited, so to speak.

Final note on traits, when you pick a tree, 2 stats increase ie vitality and toughess, this is indicated on the left side, normally this increase is by 10 or by 1% per point in a line. Also as you spec you'll get a passive skill at every point ending in 5 (5, 15, and 25), you'll also get an optional skill at every 10 (10,20, 30). The ones you recieve every 10 can be swapped anytime to other skills in the same tier as long as you're out of combat, and of course the "best" skills tend to reside in the 30 tier, but some of the lower tiers often work well together like basilisk and lure in magic...two poopy ones can be devastating so keep an eye on each tier/tree.

That's all I have today on how specs work, come back next time when I explain how to not put holes in your walls while getting angry at hard wood floors...
JJ
Back to top Go down

Whoa...finally got onto the wiki
Page 1 of 1