Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remember the little tricks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

Remember the little tricks Empty
PostSubject: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am

So here's a neat little trick to help making money via salvage...As you all will recall Uthgard is old crafting where you can only cap one skill and the rest may be brought to a percentage of your main skill ie: at 1000 AC I can have 400 fletching, ie 40% (I'm not at 1k AC...just hypothetical). Now this doesn't effect sub skills like metalworking and woodworking, they can go to your primary skill, in the above case 1k.

But JJ you say, you just said fletching caps at 400, how would you get your woodworking so high, are you going to trinket all the way to the top, cause that would be expensive and time consuming...Nope. Just continue fletching, you won't gain fletching skill but you will continue to raise woodworking, you can endlessly craft the same the item and get up to 1k woodworking, in the case above this item could be somthing as simple as...arrows. I hit 400 woodworking even though my fletching hasn't moved since like 323 or so...in less than an hour.

Now to get back to work on armor crafting.
JJ

Back to top Go down
Dehblud

PostSubject: true and a even better result   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 am

On this server I think you can have off craft skill up to 70% of your main craft skill

i.e. 1000 ac you can have 700 wc, fletch, siege, tailor.

so if you get 1200 ac you get up to 840 on the others
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 am

negative, depends on the skill, for instance I can have 70% tailoring as an AC and 40% fletching...your trainer explains this too you when first pick a profession. like I said I can prove the 40% because mine is currently capped 327 fletching is capped fletching for 818 skill in armor crafting (39.98%) .

This was live like prior to the all toons can do all crafting patch, believe that was 1.84 or 1.87.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 am

Most cost-effective way...make a tailor. Cheap to 1160.

Trinket your MW and WW for the first 300 points.

Next 100 points, fletch for WW, AC for MW.

Next 400 points, fletch the broadheads and bodkins for BOTH WW and MW.

Last points to 1k, weaponcraft hammers and shields for both WW and MW.

Voila, can salvage EVERYTHING, can tailor EVERYTHING, and even without using TASKS to recoup your gold (and consume time), you spend like 7P.

J
Back to top Go down
Dehblud

PostSubject: More Crafting info   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 am

I know everyone know about crafting tasks from you craft master. here is something to add.

If your skilling up and you are say at 599, do not right click on your craft master, stay at 599 and keep doing the craft tasks. you can finish getting you sub skill up to 599 with your main skill. All shuld know that already. Here is the nice part. you can keep doing the craft tasks and makeing really good money. so far i have made 1.3 plat going from 513 to 599 wc. JJ said you cant do craft tasks once your 700 skill in a craft. So i say stay at 699 till all your sub skills are 699 and you have accumilated enough money to get to at least 900 skill. depending on your craft that could be 5- 20 plat. its a slow process but if you just do craft tasks you at least gain money, along with normal leveling (money gain)
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:01 pm

that is ingenius JR, nice idea! As for the 700, that's an assumption I'm afraid, all I know is at 800+ it says you can not acquire tasks at your skill level...I assume 700 as that used to be the cut off for guild cloak acquiring and swapping to a new vendor for materials...Hopefully I'm correct hehe.

Again awesome tip and will certainly follow it if I ever roll an alt.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Dehblud

PostSubject: Hold at 599   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am

If your focusing on crafting hold at 599 till you get enough plat to level all the way to 1000. 650 is the last crafter task. don't screw yourself like i just did. but i did make a fair amount of money, from 513 to 651 i made 2 plat off tasks.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

What type of stupid stopping point is 650 lol, sorry jr, i suck again...
Back to top Go down
Dehblud

PostSubject: stop at 599   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

I said stop at 599 because 650 is the last crafter task available
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:59 pm

yeah i got that, i was referring to the programmers being silly, stopping at 650 is just a rude place to stop letting people do tasks hehe, well least you made some cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember the little tricks   Remember the little tricks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember the little tricks
Page 1 of 1