Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what do yall think...

Go down 
+4
Darkrise
Zearn
Engelica
lazuras
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lazuras
lazuras

what do yall think... Empty
PostSubject: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 am

Friends, Albions, guildies, lend me your ears...we know we're all just waiting on some next big thing, playing DAoC to relive our glory days, remembering mechanics that made us fall in love with MMO's...I speak to you as possibly the most established toon on uthgard that we have, I mention this because it plays directly into my question that will soon follow.

I am willing to start over, assuming the few players we have are as well, give up on the multiple hours I have invested, likely 20-30pp I have wasted on alchemy, buying a house, and building a pseudo template...on Midgard, our home. I mention this not because they have relics, not because they seem to run groups with visible players, and not because I think their classes are better (hell I believe the opposite in most cases), I ask this because, lets face it, we're all trolls, norseman, kobolds, valkyns, and dwarves first.

I'm not making some decree and I won't go alone, if yall are vehemently against the idea than I will stay, I like my infi, I like my merc, but I miss the land of the ice and snow (I get nostalgic running in uppland on infi). I understand better than most of you the hours invested already in albion, but I figured I had to at least suggest what's in my head...I want to go play a troll zerk, named lazuris, maybe form a guild eventually called black halo and truly go back to our roots when DAoC was at version 1.69. Let me know what yall think, maybe I'm just being stupid, but hell the server and accounts are free, no harm in thinking Wink
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

I just want to plant my butt somewhere and play with people. I want to have fun and not feel like I am always "working"... If Midgard means that, count me in.

I am trying to decide between a shaman, runie, or a skald. Leaning more towards shaman... but we will see what Mike is playing (hint, hint... runie or skald babe... you always get mad at the shaman) So there ya have it.
Back to top Go down
Zearn

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 pm

I am ok with it. I loose some time and money spent on lgm crafting too but I do like Mid
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Black Halo already lives on Mid Uthgard.

I also have a 29 mend/buff shaman there.

I apparently really like to spellcraft.

<shrug>
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 pm

only played alb for a week or two and mid was always my favorite realm. Count me in. Bringing back the SM.
Back to top Go down
Songyeller

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I would enjoy being back on Mids, probably would play a shaman for grouping and gotta be a skald for nostalgia sakes =)
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Well.. it just so happens that Black Halo already exists on Mid... we must have formed it some time in the past when we dabbled there. Will get invites out ASAP. Hit vent if your online.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:14 am

Rgr vent, will be available for most of the evening here and throughout the next week or so.

Work the plat transfers if you can manage it...always peeps asking to trade plat.

JJ, I noticed you mentioned the phrase "template" for the guild...I am assuming you are thinking of peeps posting roles and responsibilities at some point? Prolly time to post a few thoughts about who's crafting what?

Hrm...trying to think about what I was most effective at in mid--and feel free to tell me "not much, motherfucker!" Buying the Creep account didn't play well to any skill sets for me, for years...Kokopelli was a slow-ass levelling PITA...Silkey was an afterthought, right up until FDS became all the rage because of what I could do with a buffbot and a dedicated healer on 3 different comps at once....

Sad to say...but I really don't know my role in Midgard at this point...too schitzoid there wanting to try 'em all.

Thoughts, given 1.69? BTW, had thanes been "fixed" at this point?

Seriously considering my favorite BG toons again--Bolter runie, boltlock, (never really enjoyed BD), cave sham. Trouble is...not sure about the PvE group benefits of the first two anymore. JJ, what suits Ange's personality in 1.69 mid?

Cannot wait. Starting new toons immediately.

J

Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 am

Skalds are pretty cool. Not only for support, but because there are so many things they can do. Speed, dd, cc, dps... Maybe Ange can try one of those?

BD's are gay, enough said.

A runie would be nice to have. Nearsite, bolts, AoE, BIG BOOMS, etc..

Currently we are running : Zerk, Warrior, 2 Shams, Healer, SM

I say pick anything really.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 am

We've been skyping all morning and she's looking at cave/buff shaman. I'm going Runie when I level with her, unless we need another dedicated healer--pac type if that other healer is heal-specced...spiritmaster for now just to blow shit up fastest to 50. More to follow.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am

solid plan koko, as for thane's on this server they are MEAN, self buff damage add and str/con make them pretty beast and their spells have the upgraded delves...admittedly that was my second choice behind zerk, but let's face it...I'm a zerk Wink

I'll be AC'ing as I start progressing, other than that not sure others plans.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Fucking kill me, I will WC.

Because I LIKE pain.

Maxxed out the pushups and situps on my PFA today, natch.

Also focusing on healer/runie at some point...I think it gives us more options in endgame...especially if Craig Lee can't manage to get it up (levels, I mean) in less than 3 years...

J
Back to top Go down
Thorgren
Officer
Thorgren

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 pm

MEZZ BREAKER!!!

Let the hammers hit the floor!

/do_the_happy_dance
Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 pm

I will pick up alch on my warrior for weapon procs and such.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

Nice leveling on the alchie today Mike! I was afk when you hit 200.

Yeah Frank...cannot WAIT to drop hammers at some point. Heheheh...even if I am just farming mobs on the thane at some point.

On a side note...hearing the sound of str/con buffs and weapon damage buffs going off just gives me a hard-on. Just sayin.

Cannot wait to blow stuff up wif j00 fools on a routine basis...be it here again, GW2, or wherever!

J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do yall think...   what do yall think... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do yall think...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: Dark Age of Camelot-
Jump to: