Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bestest Duos

Go down 
+2
Engelica
Creep
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 am

Okay ya'all...got a question:

What is the best combo with a minstrel, for PvE levelling? Ange looking to level one eventually (prolly after I get home, prior to GW2). Thinking one of two options, with several possibilities in each; option one is a buffer class with cleric, friar, or heretic as an option--taking advantage of the minstrel's charm pet abilities. The other alternative is a high-dps class, relying on the minst's stuns, etc, to provide enough battlespace to eat things alive--looking at sorc, wizzie, or scout in that case.

Most of the duo fanbois keep talking about minst/minst or minst/infi duos...neither of which serve the need to diversify skillsets in the guild (and I'm not a big stealth fiend.) Did see someone recommending Minst/pally...although that logic is somewhat suspect.

All of the above with an eye towards endgame and useful RvR toons.

Need some thoughts!
J
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Minstr is a very hard toon to play. I wish her luck!

For straight PvE I'd say a friar. Base buffs, heals in between fights. Or a smite cleric.

If you are going to PvE/PvP I'd say a sorc.

Back to top Go down
Vorex
Admin
Vorex

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Yea, minst here is tough.. no harps on classic... instrument swapping for all your song playing and mezzing stuff. Kind of a pain in the ass. I agree though, friar with minst would probably be a good duo.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 am

Okay, good to know. Also looking to play a toon that has some endgame functionality, and I'm truly clueless on friars. I assume they bring something to the pve and pvp sets besides buffs. Looking over a bunch of other posts today on good duos. Didn't realize that classic still required the instrument swaps. Will be posting some links in this forum shortly.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 am

8v8 friars bring little on alb, but small scale, ie 4-6 player groups they're great, bonus heals, bonus buffs, good melee damage, etc...and yes pretty much the only class i would level with a mini.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 am

Comprende! Thanks for the insights, all.

With any luck, Ange may be looking at a different job which might mean a little more time to play together!

J
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 am

GAH! New learning btw. How does this sound:

Speaking with a long-time Uthgard type tonight about her minstrel (level 31), and she mentioned that she wants to level with a Merc in chat...so I ask why.

She explains that as soon as she could charm pets, she got a buffing/healing pet...and just rolled with badass DPS in this order: Merc, Reaver, Armsman preferred.

Logical? Reasonable? I'm not big on light tanks, but the reaver is an interesting class.

Using the above logic regarding the healing/buffing pet, are there any other options that would make sense as well?

Thanks again!
J
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

While I have not tested this myself, the word is 2 handed weapons (excluding staves) do not scale properly in damage on Uthgard and are weak at high level. That is why merc is so popular, you can do a hybrid spec that allows for shield stun and pretty sweet dual wield damage if you are good at manually swapping weapons. Even if you forgo the shield stun and go straight up dual wield, two 1 handed weapons hit harder than one. Mercs also are not concidered a hybrid class and do not have the reduced damage table that Thanes and Paladins have to deal with. Reaver comes in a close second because again you have access to the shield stun and flex weapons have some decent damage and sweet positional styles.

You can also do the heal/buff pet combo with a sorc and any dps, not just melee because the sorc charm and pom are in the same spec line. That build basically makes the sorc a pom bot though since none of thier damage abilities are in that spec line which might be a little boring.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 am

Nothing boring for me about pet classes, with shitty connectivity. ATM, sending cabbie pet in, damshield, alt-tab to hit facebook games and post here...collect loot.

J

PS Seriously looking at Reaver. Inconnu?
Back to top Go down
Darkrise
Darkrise

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Got Andy(Songyeller) set up and into the guild last night. We are trying a friar(Shaigomasu)/reaver(Kelindell) combo to level up as our first toons.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Nice welcome back man, and jake reaver is badass and every small man group wants one for slam primarily and yes their positionals are mean as hell. I still think friar would be easier with a minstrel because pet manipulation with a minstrel is a pain in the ass...now Sorc/merc or sorc+reaver...there's some mean stuff as their pet line is a bit easier to control but hell if one of you is a sorc the other may as well be a caster as well...POM FTW Wink

JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bestest Duos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestest Duos   Bestest Duos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bestest Duos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: Dark Age of Camelot-
Jump to: