Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Runtime Errors?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey all, logged in today and got kicked 4 times due to "runtime errors" with the client.

Patched the classic client. Perhaps that will help.

Busy busy day.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 am

That I have not seen I'm afraid, though uthgard forums are quite nice to review for bugs, like quests and random logging on issues.

http://uthgard.net/en/forum

JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am

Still haven't gotten my account confirmation for forums yet.

Looking forward to reading up on why my shit bombs with memory leaks after attempting to patch.

Oh, and so I ran the "Camelot" .exe file in the DAOC folder...and it patched all of the "live" server shit from EA...so I might be totally fucked now. My login screen changed from the 8 different cover arts to the old single-scene expansion shots...updated to 1.112, and times out every time with only and "esc" option from the main screen now.

So yeah...good times in Diego.

How would you (or anyone else) repair what I might have done wrong?

J
Back to top Go down
Zearn

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:16 am

You will need to find a game.dll file from version 1.109, anything newer will not work properly. A search on the forums could possible lead to a source for it. If not, I can attempt to set up some way to try to get one to you. Once you have it you just replace the game.dll file in your daoc install directory.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 am

Holy CRAP! You plug in "game.dll" in google and "1.109" is the first thing that comes up...apparently a HUGE problem.

Thanks...will keep working on this. Took the "read only" off of my DAOC folder...hopefully this patch will fix me.

J
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 am

Alright...now I can log BACK into the game using the 1.109 patch and game.dll. HOWEVER, the old problem persists:

Despite patching and repatching the "classic.dmm" file it reminds you to every time you log in, and I can get 5 minutes of playtime, MAX, before it freezes up, gives me a runtime error in the game.dll file, and that's it. No way I can play 5 minutes at a time.

Need moar troubleshooting.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

I'll do some forum digging and post here if I find anything for ya.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks, in the forum post you linked, "Wartenks" is having EXACTLY the same problems I did, and I tried everything they recommended to him, without effect. Except mine is not kicking me out when I zone...mine is kicking me out almost exactly 5 minutes after I log in, every time.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 am

Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 pm

more to try:

What I did earlier that day was going to my Bios and loaded the option 'Load Optimized Settings'. DAoC worked (and all other games). After I ran 3D Benchmark 2003, I had the same Error. Runtime Error C:\ToA\Game.DLL Abnormal Program Termination. Reinstall of windows/drivers/DAoC didnt help.
So I went back to my Bios Loaded 'Safe Fail Settings' (or smth like that xD) and DAoC worked again. rebooted again, went to bios and loaded the Optimized Settings again and DAoC also worked . I have no idea what option in bios caused this error. hope this helps you.

Also can try:
resetting screen resolution on player select window and confirming newest Direct X version, finally check video card drivers.

or maybe this:
Are you using the onboard network adapter?
If you are the Via VT6105M Ethernet adapter supports the checksum offload feature. I do not have this motherboard but with my new computer buld (NFORCE3 K8N) I recieved this error message and fixed it by turning this feature off on the network card.

The crash (similar message) happened a few times, usually the game just hung on zone, then crashed next time if I killed the program and re-started without re-booting.

System-->Hardware Devices-->NIC

System-->Card-->Properties--->Advanced--->Checksum Offload to Disable

At least this is where mine was. Give it a shot.

Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, here's what I finally ended up doing...

Rebooted. Noticed that my Intel HD video card was online. Might have been an incompatibility issue with the 460M, but who knows? Unlikely.

Did not touch bios.

Used Mojo to enable LARGEADDRESSAWARE (unknown if this actually "took" as Mojo does not recognize the location of my DAOC files for some reason.

Logged into the game, dumbed down the graphics settings, clip distance, turned up the resolution to max, turned off shadows and water.

Game runs fine...although it has the same pause/hiccup at the same TIME after logging in...but just keeps chugging. Played about 45m straight after this...so whatever I did seems to have worked well enough to be usable.

Thanks for all the help!
J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runtime Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runtime Errors?   Runtime Errors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runtime Errors?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: Dark Age of Camelot-
Jump to: