HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Creepworld

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creep

PostSubject: Creepworld   Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 am

Grats on level 25, 6/7 firelands bosses down and Ragnaros dying relatively soon methinks. Our 10-15 hand raid crew seems to be gearing pretty well now that shoulders are dropping, peeps are filling in their last few ilevel 378 gaps, and the run is getting easier. I'm 20/25 eternal embers for the next step of the legendary staff, but things are changing for teh Creep here shortly.

On Monday, I'm flying out of the states for a year. Most know I'm heading to Diego Garcia. Trip should take about 3 days, which is why I've been pretty noncommital to future raids. Fact is, I simply don't know how my connectivity and schedule will be....nor do I want to force peeps to start planning around it. What I know right now:

1) I will be living on a ship. I may have every other weekend or so ashore.
2) I will be roughly in the Kabul timezone. Think that's +3C/+4D if I don't miss my guess. If I am able to raid, it will be EARLY frickin' AM for me, and bleeding into my workday on Thursday morning methinks, although Saturdays may be easier.
3) I am not sure how the ship's wifi behaves. Since I will be on a civilian ship, I can plug in my civilian comp and leech bandwidth. Total bandwidth for the group of ships? 256k...
4) Which, may relegate teh Creep to logging in at odd hours, perhaps raiding with a slow connection, perhaps not raiding at all, perhaps doing little more than fishing. Will see.
5) Weekends may be better if I can get a room at the shore-side Q. Again, we'll see.

For future planning, Creep's raiding is definitely going to be curtailed. Much as I want to start harvesting soul essences after I finish up embers...I am being pretty realistic about the logistics of continued raiding.

Will get up vent when I can and update the team once there.

Thanks.
J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Creepworld   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:27 am

Kabul is +2:30 Z
Back to top Go down
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Creepworld   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Gah, Singapore was NOT what I had hoped.

Yes, perfectly clean city, people are AMAZING, friendly, cool. Could retire here. That's not the issue.

The issue for me was the retarded US Navy infrastructure here. Who owns the oldest buildings in town? Navy. Where is the wireless broken? Navy housing. Where does the power go out? Navy Gateway Inn. NINETY FIVE BUCKS A NIGHT btw--for MILITARY LODGING. So AFTER I spend the day wondering why I don't have wifi in my room, I wander down to the lobby...the only place they DO have wifi in this sprawling complex housing all of the transients--mostly officers from foreign militaries. After two hours they have a power outage and the front desk clerk doesn't know how to RESET THE ROUTER. Good times. Not that it would have helped me much, since Blizzard's authenticator PUKES when you move IP addresses...like say...from Newport to Singapore...and it would have helped if I could have accessed hotmail to actually RESET my password.

Never mind that, onward I go to the Navy Internet Cafe!

Closed until the end of October for renovation.

Well, how about the Subway store in the local navy exchange?

No access to .sg-sponsored hosts.

Well, why not head up to the TERROR club? (Named after HMAS TERROR).

At least the brits know how to work wireless. Unfortunately, us.battle.net is blocked. At least I could patch Rift...(which I canceled last week, natch).

So, sorry I missed out on the raid. Would have liked to have finished up my eternal embers so I could have started collecting the umpteen million soul essences...

Or not. If this is a herald of things to come on the island, I will probably be missing most raids anyway as raid times would be 7-10AM on Thursday and Saturday mornings...probably not the best hours for me to play...even IF I had bandwidth.

So looking like I may be doing the occasional weekend gaming and a lot of console gaming between P90X workouts and working for 3 bosses in the next year.

Alas, will hopefully get some opportunities to roll with ya'all another time. Until then, enjoy 6/7 and 4.3 when it hits.

Laterz!
J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Creepworld   Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:27 am

I am surprised the people there aren't trying to buy you. LOL! My best friend back in high school went there with her family. Her dad told me how he had to pretty much fight off the locals. They wanted to buy my friend and her sister (blonde hair, blue eyes)...

Sucks your internet blows chunks!

"Don't make me use UPPER CASE!" -MAXINE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creepworld   

Back to top Go down

Creepworld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: World of Warcraft-
Jump to: