Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kyarr
Officer

Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope Empty
PostSubject: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Regardless of the information they did or didn't have the NRA should have fought this instead of coming out with a statement the next day on the issue. Since JP didn't like my last post on civil liberty violations, this one is for him and all you other law abiding gun owners.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/7662-nra-sells-out-second-amendment-on-patriot-act

Gun Owners Of America
Back to top Go down
JP
JP

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm

The world is going to end 21 May 2011...oh wait I made a mistake...the world is going to now end 21 Oct 2011...

I am sorry if I don't buy into the whole "the Man is taking everything away from me" theory...I believe that the Patriot Act is there to prevent another 9/11 from happening. If you are a law-abiding citizen then you have nothing to worry about, if you are not...well then you are not going to like what you get...sorry (well not really).

If you believe that if you go into a gun store to buy a gun and the clerk feels that you are a suspicious character, you are getting reported...this hasn't changed anything it has been happening for years...and btw where do you think the background checks go to?

If you actually looked at the flyer linked in this story it would remind you of the many times that you were taking a piss at the 97th and looking at the OPSEC poster that Eloy put up. It is the same thing...there is no demanding like the article portrays. It looks more like a quick reference sheet than any else.

I am not a gun owner, but you called me out so I felt obligated to respond...so is illegal immigration the next topic???
cheers
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:19 pm

I've been on the "really right" before...about when I was at ya'all's age.

Then I got involved in policy.

And I have to say that the letter of the law...and the spirit...are two DRAMATICALLY different things in America.

One relies on the rule of law, that is to say--ENFORCEMENT--to have any effect.

The other relies on the social contract.

And when you try to GAUGE the impact of letter versus spirit, it makes for fuzzy policy--but there it is. Congress is more concerned with the ends than the means, as legislators, and they are NOT beholden to the American public except at election time--polls prove it...so it should not surprise you that policy follows. TARP was passed at over 300 to 1 against, according to the polls. But then, who pays Congress? The Tea Partiers swept in based on those votes...and yet...where are they when it comes to stopping the budget insanity? They've already been co-opted. Hell, the ONLY glimmer of hope coming out of Washington lately is that Glass-Steagall may be re-enacted and hold banks accountable.

A Democrat sponsored that bill, btw, with only 2 republicans adding their names to the 10 Dems that did. Why that bill is not being debated and winning BROAD bipartisan support is because of bank lobbyists. See above.

The "Patriot Act" is no different than TARP, as a matter of policy. It's bad.

But until you have enough idle hands or hungry people willing to ACT because of those bad policies, you're just preaching to the choir.

The lazy, feckless, slightly disgruntled but unwilling to do anything about it--choir.

Go back to your American Idol and Monday Night Football. There's nothing to see in DC.

Turn the lights off on your way out, America.

J
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey, what's wrong with watching American Idol? GO SCOTTY GO!

lol!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 am

Per the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy:

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job"

Lets face it politicians are in essence only good for one thing, getting into more politics, they produce nothing and as my many speeches at work on the smoke deck elude to...I hate people who don't produce anything. Not really commenting on the issue, as what do you expect from people who are allowed to vote on their own paycheck and tenure?

JJ
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 am

Vote on their own paycheck and tenure?

Are you referring to the half of America that receives welfare?

Or did you mean the inhabitants of DC?

I mean, the elected ones.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Both now that you mention...least the first ones voted for it last time around...ZING
JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope   Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's something even the "really right" can get on board with... I hope
Page 1 of 1