Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any one with some info please?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Any one with some info please?  Empty
PostSubject: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 am

Anyone heard what has been happening in Senddia, Japan? (excuse my spelling) There has been a HUGE earth quake over there and it is sending tsunami's. Mike is over there and I am worried. Where is Senddia compared to Okanawa?
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 am

OK, looked at it myself. Sendai is apparently on the Northern East side of Japan. Okinawa is on the Southern West-ish. I don't know much about this stuff but if they are evacuacting San Francisco this tsunami could hit Okinawa?
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 am

Everyone on Okinawa is accounted for, at least that's what I'm getting from facebook updates. There was an 8.9 earthquake and 30 ft tsunami that hit Japan and the pacific coast of the US is under a tsunami warning now.
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 am

Lynde,
Direct word from one of my folks over there, they're expecting 12 ft waves. Currently they're still maintaining operations, meaning minimal effects. All should be safe. The west coast and Hawaii are the next worries due to the follow up Tsunami's that may occur. I would say you have little to worry about, though if anyone was trying to fly home from through tokyo they will likely be delayed a little bit.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks guys I really appreciate the information! Of course I won't feel comfortable until I hear from him, but you have helped me calm down. Smile
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

Sendai was ground zero from what I am reading, up on the NE side of Japan. Mike is several hundred miles to the SW on a different island that is protected by the land mass of Honshu and Kyushu, from my recollection.

Although some of our bases over there sent SITREPs, COMNAVFORJAPAN has accounted for all personnel, and Kadena is well inland.

Mike's fine...prolly slept through it.

J
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Got an email from him.. Yes, he is OK. Said there was a 12ft wave that hit the beaches, but he was no where near.

How is it on the west coast? I heard that Hawaii is OK, so I am assuming the west coast is fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one with some info please?    Any one with some info please?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one with some info please?
Page 1 of 1