HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

First Impressions?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creep

PostSubject: First Impressions?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, here I am still several days from playing...and REALLY looking forward to the new content.

If anyone gets caught in the queue or just wants to rant about the goods and the bads, feel free to.

I have to live viscerally through you guys for a bit longer.

Oh, and our new recruit just picked up the mx17 and is looking forward to levelling up his hordie.

J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 am

The grind is easy roughly 20 hours for me, just doing quests and very few dungeuns. That includes smoke breaks and school work, so likely 15 hours of just constant questing in the right places will do it. Going back know to get loremaster of cataclysm and gain rep, etc. I'll start working leatherworking when the costs of mats calms down a bit.

The dungeuns on regular are harder for pugs then they used to be, but like WoTLK it'll get easier I'm sure as we start to out gear them. I haven't geared enough to queue for heroics yet, but JP said they're pretty rough.

About the same mats required for crafting stuff, and leveling the skill. As for archealogy it's not game breaking but a lot of cool pets and mounts, but nothing required to raid from what I've seen so far.

You need to move a lot if you want to level fast, ie start in hyjal or vashjr, get 81, move to deepholm, get 82.5 ish (unlock the shoulder enchants from rep), move to uldum, get 83.75ish, finally finish off in twilight and ding 85 and see some deathwing related story to get you motivated. The quests xp difference from zone to zone is huge so staying in one zone for more then 2 levels will severly slow you down.
I stayed in deepholm to do every quest and same with twilight...I didn't really touch uldum, or hyjal...I'm back there now doing rep...stupid helm enchants!

Anyway that's what I have to report so far, probably by this weekend I'll be geared enough to give better reports on heroics and may start crafting and running dailies...or just doing archealogy...who knows. Other then the story not much has changed from Lich King, Just have to remember how pre-ulduar was and you're good to go.

Final note and one of the things I actually like...there doesn't appear to be Epic items from heroics, they're just heroic versions of blues...no worrying about getting one epic out of each dungeun hehe.

JJ

"DEMISE" we melee so you don't have to
Back to top Go down
Creep

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks for the insights.

From reading mmo-champ and discussing with the gamers reading other sites here, looks like healers are finding insta-queues atm; assume this is due to either the perceived difficulty healing/quality of tanks or both...and tanks are having anywhere between 0-5m queue times, with the standard 20-45m queues for straight DPSers. Does that about jive on our server?

Couple good gear lists out there, but nothing really new on shadowpriest.com. Think I found the most comprehensive gear and enchant list for priests on a post someone made--basically tells you to run normals, then heroics, run your quests while you're getting your blues...and then eventually start raid content (if interested). Not sure when I will hit that level of interest.

I really miss bolts.

A lot.

Plan on duo'ing with Ange while queued as healer/dps (I'll heal, she'll dps). As always, glad to hit it with guild groups but may be a couple days after I get back before we are sober and hydrated enough to game Wink

J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   

Back to top Go down

First Impressions?
Page 1 of 1