Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Verizon...upcoming changes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

Verizon...upcoming changes. Empty
PostSubject: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 am

If you are a Verizon subscriber, take heed:

Quote :
"Looks like Verizon is going the way of AT&T by not offering new unlimited data plans and switching to a tiered-only plan within six months. Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said the new plans would be different from what AT&T offers, but didn't provide further details. "We're not sure we agree yet with how they valued the data." Everybody take a good look at your contracts; this will be a nice opportunity to jump ship without the hefty fee."

As our public policies permit the communications providers to set the rules...don't be surprised if it costs more to do what we once took for granted.

Usually, providers do this to curtail the biggest bandwidth hogs, but don't be surprised if your fees rise to get the quality we used to expect.

J
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:52 am

UPDATE:

Quote :
Our Verizon fios is going up $10/month; new bundle plan...not just us...I guess it is slowly affecting everyone.

Oh, and it will change our internet speed from 20/5 to 35/35...so that is a huge increase - and supposedly it will also add some movie channels we didn't previously have...like TCM....

And to keep people from whining, they are offering current subscribers 3 months free when this goes into effect.

Actually not bad for us (glad to pay $10 more a month on my $150/mo bill anyway)...to get this level of speed increase, and 3 free months.

Smart way to introduce change--buy people off.

Hey! This sounds vaguely familiar...

J
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am

$150 for one phone? Please tell me you are kidding or that there are two phones on that. I am horrible at seeing the sarcasm at times. Razz
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Our Verizon FIOS plan gives us a few hundred TV channels (no HDTV, that's added cost), a couple hundred music channels, and a few hundred pay-per-view or specialty channels available with other programs. We get the crazy internet mentioned above, and I think Ange has 1-2 landlines with it as part of the package deal.

Cell package is Verizon for both of us, but separate from FIOS, and about the same price. Meh Wink

J
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 am

I raise your 150 and I will add 60 Euro for a 6mb connection.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 am

Sir, I will see your 150 USD, your 60 EU, and raise you an additional 50 USD IF I am permitted to get any kind of internet for the YEAR I am in Diego.

Apparently, we live ON THE SHIP.

All year.

Not cool.

J
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 am

pff um run a LAN cable to the island.. duh
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:20 am

So there I was, knife in my teeth, diving to a depth of 3500 meters...LAN cable slung over my shoulder, paying it out for the entier 200 nautical miles to the NEAREST underground cable.

How much are satellites running these days? My own? Geo-located?

Meh.

I am going to skin this fucking cat, one way or another.

J
Back to top Go down
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks, Ken!

I just have to confirm footprints on their satellites. Since the VSAT appears to be for maritime use, it would be interesting to learn if they have Diego coverage.

I know the island has a satellite internet provider...I just need specifics.

Will keep everyone posted on my year in sushi/drinking/diving/fishing paradise...and internet hell.

J
Back to top Go down
Fiy
Fiy

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:18 pm

They have coverage in Diego. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verizon...upcoming changes.   Verizon...upcoming changes. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Verizon...upcoming changes.
Page 1 of 1