Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On Mithril.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Creep
Creep

On Mithril. Empty
PostSubject: On Mithril.   On Mithril. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Mithril. Heh.

Once thought to be what 1,000 platinum would roll over to, but never implemented, as 2^32 comes out to roughly 214 platinum--the highest amount of cash one character can hold in the game. The cake is a lie.

I know this for a fact.

How I know revolves around the painstaking process of spending most of my gaming time playing some dozen toons to level 50 including most of their quests (which I do NOT recommend), running between housing units (before consignment search), hinging asterite from salvaging purchases made with diamond, sapphire, and emerald seals, offering to craft legendary weapons, accidentally salvaging one of my two Legion hammers, and ultimately speculating on Trials of Atlantis scrolls.

Earning revenue in DAOC consumed my time. I loved it. I enjoyed it. Until I started playing RvR in the battlegrounds. THAT reminded me of pre-ToA RvR, back before I was getting rolled by ML10, CL5 Tiarnas that had not been playing a month earlier. Then I focused almost exclusively on griefing toons...almost all ranged. And all that cash came in handy for pimping twinks.

1. Get a toon up to roughly 500 in metalworking (smithing? I cannot remember). As I recall, this allows you to salvage every level of gear. Bars sell well on consignment, or guildies can use to make gear.
2. Don't buy serious gear before you're level 50; waste of cash. I think everyone has talked about using crap gear in the BGs atm. Unless you're looking to grief people on a twink, not worth equipping a lowbie well.
3. Supposedly you can make between 5-10 plat levelling to 50 in Alb. I have no experience with this, just reading.
4. Darkness Falls mobs drop seals. Seals can be turned in for gear. Some gear salvages at a rate of return than others (spined axes as I recall, for diamond gear), which yield more asterite.
5. Overworld mobs drop a variety of crap as well. All can be salvaged. Woodworking for staves and bows.
6. Some quests yield hella gear--for use and subsequent salvage prior to 50. In fact, I think the strategy is to avoid class quests until you hit level 48/48.5, and then do all of your class quests for big xp. The downside is that you miss out on good gear upgrades every 5 levels, while saving time at the end. Others can probably yield more insight.
7. Use the guild, contribute to the guild. For whatever reason, guilding just WORKS better in DAOC than WoW. You rely on help from your guildmates and actually DO things with them--helps you, helps their skilling usually. Good tradeoff and reinforces engagement.
8. If you want to be L33T, you need a PvE duo. I'm talking Necromancer/Pally or Necromancer/Cleric. Then you can farm the everliving shit out of Passage of Conflict (if that is in this freeshard) or some of the old fast-respawn zones. I have a feeling there are PLENTY of necro exploits out there yet in v1.80...and were I not devoted to playing ONE DAMN TOON this time, I might consider being that ubah PL-whore for the guild...'cept you're all playing months before I can, so I get to play the clothie you NEED later Wink

But don't ask me for pointers beyond this--I am not playing on the freeshard yet and I may be making assumptions that are straight up retarted. Ask someone who has been playing there awhile. Check the consignors if you want to price check things.

J
Back to top Go down
Cain
Cain

On Mithril. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Mithril.   On Mithril. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Excellent post.

Some Uthgard specific addendums...

Doesnt look like they have the class quests (at least not for Reavers).

No Necros; folks on alb talk about Cabalists with Juggernaut and Focus Dmg shield for farming (not too different from Spiritmasters), and 'Bomb' Wizards - PBAOE for power lvling.

The one Bomb Wiz i grouped with didnt seem so hot though. Been getting massive stretches of exp in DF groups.
Back to top Go down
Torm

On Mithril. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Mithril.   On Mithril. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Epic quests consists of kill one mob and get epic armor at 50.
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

On Mithril. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Mithril.   On Mithril. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 am

One MOB? Didn't those used to be the culmination of the Epic series of quests, some 15 quests with anywhere between a few and a dozen steps EACH? Heh. Nice. Get's rid of some of the hours wasted on horse rides.

Wish I was blowing this stuff up with you guys.

j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Mithril. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Mithril.   On Mithril. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Mithril.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: Dark Age of Camelot-
Jump to: