Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All hail Megatron!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiy
Fiy

All hail Megatron!!!! Empty
PostSubject: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 am

So I was bored surfing facebook and I found a page for

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MY-SISTER-SAID-IF-I-GET-ONE-MILLION-FANS-SHE-WILL-NAME-HER-BABY-MEGATRON/333067975442

This is the guy's reasoning and it's awesome:

i'm personally going to make sure this happens. if i have to drug the father and pretend to be him, i will. if i have to bribe the nurse that fills out the birth certificate, i'll do it. if i have to break in to the records room and change things myself, this is going to happen. i'll post a picture of the name on the birth certificate later.

but for those of you who think this is a bad idea, or think the child will have some issues because of it, you're not looking at the big picture. there are a number of points to be made that i think you should consider.

1- this child won't even know their real name until they're old enough to understand how awesome it is, which'll probably be driver's license time. at that point, they'll already have established friendships and so on in high school, so their friends will most likely envy them. i know i would be ecstatic if i found out that this whole time my name was actually Grimlock. I'd be more upset with my parents that they didn't tell me sooner.

2- Whatever we call the kid (most likely whatever the middle name is) will be the only name the kid knows until they are informed of having this awesome name. my co-worker's husband didn't know his name wasn't Peter until he was in his late 30's. it's what he went by his whole life. It could have said "Shithead" on his birth certificate and it would have made no difference to him until he found out.

3- I use "Shithead" as an example because i've actually met someone with that first name. It was pronounced "Shuh-tay-uhd" but spelled just like that. I've also seen the name "Abcde" on some paperwork. Apparently it was pronounced "Ab-suh-dee" yet it was spelled just like the beginning of the alphabet. If you're going to attack someone for giving their kid a name that nobody else at their school will have, go after the people making up ridiculously pronounced names with even more ridiculous spellings. Don't go after someone recognizing an icon of American culture.

4- I met my best friend in grade school. I was told his name by someone else that new him and i thought "whoa. that's a pretty damn cool name. I gotta meet this guy." and we've been practically inseparable ever since. it's been nearly 15 years, which is more than half of our lives.

5- what's in a name? If LEGO's were actually called pancakes, wouldn't they still be interlocking plastic bricks? if 'sewage' was the name of a fruit, wouldn't you still need 3-5 servings per day? i'm not sure where i was going in this point, but you should get the idea as long as you have any reasonable amount of intelligence.

6- If it's a boy, it might go by Troy or whatever the middle name ends up being. If it's a girl, it could be called Megan, or whatever the middle name ends up being. my point is that the baby doesn't have to be called Megatron all the time, or even until much later in life, just like i said earlier. My full name is Nicholas, but i can't remember the last time anybody called me that. How many guys do you know named Michael that go by Mike? or Daniel that go by Dan? or Kimberly that go by Kim? or William that go by Ted?

7- Megatron, the Transformers antagonist, is an icon in American culture. Hence the TV shows, recent blockbuster movies, the animated movie that so many hold dear to their hearts, and tons of merchandising efforts such as toys. Hasbro is a large company that makes many different toys including Easy-Bake Oven and Transformers. I've attempted to contact their public relations department in the hopes that they might be able to promote this group with us, and perhaps even donate a few toys to the family. Not long ago there was a couple that had their baby on the side of the road in the back of their Kia, a tiny Korean automobile known for being extraordinarily unreliable. The couple decided to name their new daughter Kia to commemorate the location of the delivery. Kia Motors found out about this and donated a brand new Kia SUV to the new family for whatever reason. Perhaps Hasbro might decide to do something similar. Perhaps they'll recognize the good publicity that'll come along with the generosity, especially once we have a million people gathered for them to notice it. If it's possible or even likely that Hasbro might donate a decent amount of toys to this child, wouldn't you want to help that cause?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I would prefer that Hasbro give me a real Optimus Prime. Anyway he got 1.75 million (alot of fake profiles) so we'll see if it actually goes through. Happy reading JJ.
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 am

Wow, just noticed a bunch of my friends hit the "like" button on that page. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 am

Win and victory...it's between you and me prime, one will stand and one will fall!!

If I have a son I want to name him Peter Cullen Schwarzkopf....
Back to top Go down
Creep
Creep

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:25 pm

I could understand Carlisle Cullen (CC to go with JJ)...but Peter?

Like Peter Griffin?

Actually, that's kinda funny.

J
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

peter cullen is the voice of optimus...today and in the 80's sir...he also played eeyore on occasion, win win.
JJ

As a side note he also narrated Voltron...the guys voice is like a god's to me, only it doesn't make my heart explode or brain explode...
Back to top Go down
jesse
jesse

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:19 am

LOL. The things some people will do. But will she?

Dang it, my new avatar will not animate.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/4/2010/08/195025e1238a99bb73542f7ec4852f62/original.gif
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 am

^^^^ OOooooOOOOooo, that's pretty neat Jesse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:24 pm

AHHH a 4 dimensional cube!!! who divided by zero??
Back to top Go down
Fiy
Fiy

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 am

dogs and cats living together mass hysteria!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All hail Megatron!!!!   All hail Megatron!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All hail Megatron!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: General Chat-
Jump to: