HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well well well

Go down 
AuthorMessage
panik

PostSubject: Well well well   Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 pm

With my kid due in a few weeks, I just want it to be known officially my intentions involving raiding and the game. I'm been playing for the last few years, and wasn't until last year that I found my home here. Before that I was in a somewhat fast paced raiding guild that took a lot of my free time. It was a relief to transfer here where it was more of a laid back atmosphere, but still got to get my raid fix in two nights a week. But, alas, I'm going to have a lot of things to focus on in the next few years, and because it's such a big distraction, I'm going to have to cut down on the gaming a little. That probably means canceling my accounts.

It's been really fun progressing through ICC, and just generally getting to know everyone for the last year or so. I'll be around, and maybe in the next few years I can pick up whatever game is being played then.

I'll still be raiding until the kid comes out (he's due June 4th) but I won't roll on any gear unless no body else rolls on it.
Back to top Go down
kyarr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am

And r/l smites down another healer. Sorry to hear your going to be quitting. I can't blame you though, having a kid is a huge life changer. All your priorties will soon be shifted which I'm sure you're aware of. Not that I'm not going to see you but, it's been fun in game with you. Looking forward to meeting the little one.
Back to top Go down
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am

Luke, it's been great playing with you.

Take care of family, take care of you, and when the time comes to return, perhaps after cataclysm, perhaps after we're all burned out on Diablo III, or perhaps sometime after we all have cortical shunts and take our food intravenously...we'll be seein' ya.

As you've seen with any number of our Demise family, we get peeps caught up and everyone seems to maintain an alt or two (or more), to keep the raid teams rolling and allowing our raid leads the chance to mix and match to their needs. We're not gonna die because Fab had some life changes, or you, or me (although we DO constitute JJ's priest trio, natch)...nah, we'll adapt and overcome.

I'm not rolling on anything this week either, so mebbe Fiy can start improving his damage output...

Wink

Take care man.
J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am

Bbbbbb bu bu but what are you going to do when the kiddo is sleeping?! I kid, I kid. Raiding + kids = STRESS! Mike and I have been doing it for years.

Good luck with your little one and have fun with him. Before you know it he will be walking and talking and driving you NUTS! clown

"Don't make me use UPPER CASE!" -MAXINE
Back to top Go down
Krosa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 am

Can I have all your gold?

Seriously though - gratz on your life changing in such a dramatic way. And we will always be here when you need those 15 minutes of sanity... ;-)

Krosa - 80 Death Knight Tank/PVP (Geared)
Krose - 80 Shaman Enhance/Heals (Fresh 80)
Kraba - 80 Paladin Ret/Tank (Fresh 80)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scaile.com
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 am

been fun Luke, one of the greatest healers I've ever seen and you will be missed, but at least your reason is awesome. Have fun filling out the family circle and enjoy life with them. On the rare occasion you need something to pass the time I'm sure we'll still be here doing something random. Good luck man.
JJ

PS-now somebody crap me a healer or tank I can abuse twice a week! Wink

"DEMISE" we melee so you don't have to
Back to top Go down
Cain

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Congratulations man! And thanks for all the help recently.

Don't worry bout the guild, i got the feeling you'll always be welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lazuras

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 pm

gee where would you get that from cain? Wink

"DEMISE" we melee so you don't have to
Back to top Go down
Krosa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 am

I'm a tank, but if you abuse me and NOT make me breakfast in the morning I'll stab you in the face with a parking meter.

Krosa - 80 Death Knight Tank/PVP (Geared)
Krose - 80 Shaman Enhance/Heals (Fresh 80)
Kraba - 80 Paladin Ret/Tank (Fresh 80)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scaile.com
Torm

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Well I wish you the best of luck Luke, I can honestly say though that I have heard this speech from most people in the guild and shortly after the kid is born they are back playing... myself included.

The truth of the matter is kids sleep a lot and when they are not sleeping the first few years they are pooping, so you can still enjoy playing the game and hanging out... now consistent raids now that will change since putting anything longer than a 5 minute commitment is near impossible. Hence why some of us just PvP and rarely hit the raiding band wagon.

I think the biggest change when the baby arrived was my attitude at work and how my perception that my income for my family became a huge priority and being an idiot at work would effect my children. I think once my daughter was born I actually treated the military like a job and not a small bump in the road to my goals in the distant future.

Good luck and I will see you in a couple years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well well well   

Back to top Go down

Well well well
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demise :: World of Warcraft-
Jump to: