HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Priest spec, Holy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Engelica
Officer

PostSubject: Priest spec, Holy   Tue May 04, 2010 11:58 am

Is this tree what I should be using? Wondering if my current spec is a good one or if this one is better.

Mine:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dawnbringer&cn=Wynni&group=2

One I am looking at:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuZrEzcbMqihGckAo

Thoughts?

"Don't make me use UPPER CASE!" -MAXINE
Back to top Go down
Megadeus

PostSubject: Re: Priest spec, Holy   Tue May 04, 2010 12:35 pm

My Holy priest has a spec very similar to the one you are running now, with the exception that i take Inner Focus and have a few other points placed in Holy. I've ran with my build for a long time and he was an effective main healer in Uld10 back in the day(before i stopped playing him).
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dawnbringer&cn=Wewin&group=2

As for the other spec you linked, it looks more like a hybrid spec as a lot of the talents points are put in defensive places and are not buffing your ability to heal. 5/5 points in Spell Warding, instead of 5/5 points in Devine Fury is a prime example. Spending points in Spell warding will reduce DMG received by you, as to where Devine Fury will allow you to cast your heals faster.

But, at the end of the day it is how you wish to play your healer and the spot you want to fill.
Back to top Go down
Creep

PostSubject: Re: Priest spec, Holy   Tue May 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Add-ons are important too. I still use healbot, although I've heard good things about Grid. I got into the habit of casting PoM first on the targetted tank, and binding renew and flash heal to right and left mouse keys. Use Circle of Healing liberally and any time any players other than the tank are taking damage. Pop PoM every time it is up. If you don't have a disc priest in the raid or need more OOMPH as a tank healer, use shield as well.

Dazzit. You should see your numbers double pretty handily.

Took me months to spec BACK into circle of healing.

J

SNES Fanboi, player of (series) Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, Castlevania, Drakengard (Nier), Dragon Age, and Torchlight.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the bean of java that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains.  The stains become a warning.  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."  -Dunecat
Back to top Go down
Megadeus

PostSubject: Re: Priest spec, Holy   Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

Never used Healbot, and i swear by Grid. Once you get it configured for how you want, it's stupid easy to see who needs healz, who is getting healed by someone else, and who has aggro to see who is about to need healz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest spec, Holy   

Back to top Go down

Priest spec, Holy
Page 1 of 1