Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rot"poo-poo"Face

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fyrefly

Rot"poo-poo"Face Empty
PostSubject: Rot"poo-poo"Face   Rot"poo-poo"Face I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Okay, well I haven't seen anything posted about this...and no one has said anything really in game. So, throwing my thoughts out there and....well, thats about it.

So, from all the sites I have read, all the forums, youtube videos, etc. (obviously not every site out there, but after the first ten you get over seeing the same fight on video).....I have seen a few different makeups.

DK main-tanking rotface (not preferred it seems, but as someone standing there with plate and loads of defense, they can take a beating).

Paly tanks seem to be pretty common, and seems to work great for us.

Druid tanks seem to be third in line, paly's being #1.

For off-tanks, over half of the things I have read and watched use two ot's. One to kite the first big slime and a second to take on any additional slime issues.

For OT's I have read most prefer DK's and hunter's. Druids were rarely mentioned....but, as we have seen - our droood tanker is pretty effective so...if it ain't broke, why fix it?

As for everyone else in the party, I have seen a holy priest, shadow priest, shaman, paly and druid. I didn't read much about anything being preferred but a few sites stated HoT's and shields are great for people with the poo on them. Shrug, I'm just a brittle tree....so, whatever works.

The conversations of DPS seemed the most interesting to me. As in, there wasn't much. A few say "oh it's a dps race and you have to melt his face fast or you fail"....some say "melee is the way to go"...."dps doesn't matter"...etc. etc.

Now, a lot of these posts are from guilds that have done the fight 30+ times and got "lucky" downing him once and moved on....soooo, take from it what you will I suppose.

Personally, I spoke with my brother who runs an alliance guild on another server and he said their makeup for this fight is a paly tanking rotface, him ot'ing the big slimes on his druid and someone doing misdirect for slimes gone amuck (think you mentioned this the other day JJ...or JP...someone did?!?) They use four healers instead of three (and he said some people say use two to add more dps)...but, they use 4 because he has a 25 minute enrage timer and their lowest dps'er puts up ~5k. He said living through the shower and slime spray is the trick - dying to adds is just not having control of them. They use two druid healers a holy priest and a discipline priest. Said they don't have a geared shammy healer in guild atm so didn't try that setup yet....shrug, whatever. One druid stays under rotface's ass the whole time and heals the MT and hot's the people with the poo on them. The other druid stays halfway between the back of rotface and the outer circle to keep heals and hots up on the OT. And he said the priests "do whatever the hell it is priests do"...hahaha....They spent 6 hours in one day wiping on him before they finally downed him and he is far from on farm for them because circumstance and chance are an element of the fight.

Anyways, I am only posting that because it is just another point of view...as we have all already gone through on our ventures through website forums, videos etc.

Now, with all that said....it is on the raid leader to make up the group the way he wants - I will fill whatever role is needed if I am there and if my role is to sit out then that's what I will do. Indifferent.

On a side note, 6 hours on wipes? We had so much tension in our raid after 3 hours - those are some dedicated folks.....And on that note, I hate wiping for hours and hours and ending the night with no victory - but don't we always say "that's what progression is?" I logged out last Thursday and thought we did a great job as progression - getting him down to what...29% on our best shot?! That was marked improvement from the Tuesday run.....

Yep, I ran through the slime spray, I ran into a pool of slime and shit a slime and didnt get myself healed up because I was focused on the tanks and raid....guess what....we all did. I would expect we have several more wipes ahead of us on this fooker and the best thing we can do is try different plans of attack, not get irritated (cause thats when we make our mistakes) and just have fun. JP has his part down to a pretty little art, imho. Mimic is handling the big slime just fine, imho. So now we need to fine tune what everyone else is doing....We can't blame the OT when there are two big slimes up because more likely than not - WE are shitting our slimes out and running away too soon, OR we are shitting them out near another small slime and they make love before big daddy can get close enough....or we just stand in the middle too long and shit on everyone's boots. Situational awareness, ftw.

No one has done this fight perfectly. I know I haven't. But, I have also seen us make more progress every NEW day we try it. After an hour people get frustrated, after two hours people get irritated and after three hours people get tired, bored and just damn angry.

We can do it. We know we can. So, I say let's plan out several different strategies and tweak as we go.

Shrug....you know me...always got a darn opinion. Happy killing - catch ya on the playground kids.

I love you
Fyre
Back to top Go down
lazuras
lazuras

Rot"poo-poo"Face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rot"poo-poo"Face   Rot"poo-poo"Face I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Agreed on all accounts. I have watched most every video I can find, reviewed forums and notes of many raid leaders including those on our server and one glaring fact remains true: This is the first encounter since WoTLK that you can't count on anyone else, everyone has their own accountability, and in ten man if ONE person makes a mistake there's little to no recovery.

That being said, yes we did progress, not only did his life get lower, but more importantly people started making suggestions, reacting faster (until about 1030 when I believe we were all just burnt out) and generally functioning as a better team. Now with that comes great training for future encounters, but we still have this wall that we WILL overcome.

Tuesday night (providing we can fill the damn raid...come on fract and selohssa please be on hehe) I anticipate getting to rotface again and if he doesn't drop we'll try him more on thursday. And here's the "plan:"

JP-MT and get punched in the face, Mimic-OT and run around like a girlie druid, 3 Healers (currently ange, luke (now holy) and fab but we may try to get a shaman via fiyuh involved). Warrelf is on misdirect/kite duty in case of horrible emergencies...and everyone stay focused until the boss dies. I know easier said then done but in all actuality it's the only "leadership" i can give on a fight that's mechanics are solely based on each individual.

We will down this boss and thank you all for keeping your heads on your shoulders and understanding this is what progression is, finding a wall and beating our heads into it until it crumbles in front of us. I'll see you all on Tuesday.
JJ
Back to top Go down
Engelica
Officer
Engelica

Rot"poo-poo"Face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rot"poo-poo"Face   Rot"poo-poo"Face I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:27 pm

I too have been watching some of these video's as I hear you all talk about your fights every Tues-Thurs night. I have only one thing to add to the mix if you don't mind.

THANK GOODNESS IT'S NOT ME IN THERE!

Good luck to you all. Hope you down him. I in the mean time will be wrecking face in PvP! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rot"poo-poo"Face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rot"poo-poo"Face   Rot"poo-poo"Face I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rot"poo-poo"Face
Page 1 of 1